Tragic News

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Charlie

Tragic News

Post by Charlie »

I just learn of a real tragedy Gary Theo was killed in a marina accident last March. I wondered why I had not heard from them about attending this years AC Rendezvous. For those who do not know Gary, he was the owner of the 31 Race Boat Sheri Lee with his wife Sheri. I just spoke with Sheri and I told her I would let the Faithful know of our tragic loss.

Maybe someone who knows how can post a picture of a bunch of us taking Sheri Lee out for a run. Gary and Sheri and Sheri Lee can be seen of the Past Rendezvous Pics at www.bertramrendezvous.com 2009, 2008, 2007.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Harv

Post by Harv »

One of my best moments of that Rendezvous was taking a ride on his boat. My belated prayers to Sheri. He will deeply be missed.
Harv
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Any details on what happened?
Harv

Post by Harv »

mike ohlstein wrote:Image
On the boat from left to right are Gary Spivack, Gary Theo, Charlie Haws, me, and my dad.
Harv
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Gary and Sheri own a marina business in South Jersey. Gary was working on a boat at the dock when it exploded. Sheri her family and employees are continuing on with the business.
Carl

Post by Carl »

So sorry to hear that.

Not a way to go...quick...but not a way to go.

Fuel and/or battery related?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Seems to have been an especially tragic weekend all around... So very sorry to hear about his passing.

I lost a good friend on Saturday morning in a car accident. She was 23 years old, beautiful, fun, and just getting started out in life headed in the right direction with things just beginning to come together for her. Two others died in the same accident here in Worcester. A horrible and very difficult tragedy to comprehend for all.

My thoughts and condolences are with Sheri, and the family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Dug