boat windshield

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

boat windshield

Post by randall »

allrighty...looking for the web address of the windshield supplier in florida.....american marine i think....thanks
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Randy,

On the Links Page... http://bertram31.com/links.htm

http://www.americanmarine.com/
American Marine Products, Inc.
1790 S.W. 13th Court
Pompano Beach, FL 33069-4715
Phone: 954-782-1400
Fax: 954-782-1404
Email: info@americanmarine.com

Br,

Patrick
randall

Post by randall »

thanks patrick...i have the forum page on my favorites and couldnt figure out how to get to the links page.......hank was here and looked at my friend eds 25...he has a windshield supposedly from a blackfin 26 and it looks sharp ....has a lot more sweep...says he got it from american marine sooooo...thanks again...RR
scot

Post by scot »

Randall,

Wouldn't a windshield with more sweep require that the hard top be relocated a bit further aft for everything to line up?
randall

Post by randall »

no.....eds boat....which is in the 25 site picture gallery under "day boats"....is a custom moppie with an aftermatket windshield and roof.....roof is much higher than a hardtop 25 and the cabin well is filled in giving a flat floor.....its a very cool boat but not as nice as a fly bridge...IMHO
scot

Post by scot »

Very sharp boats. I noticed the updated windshield but always assumed it was a later version of the B25. My 69 has much sharper radius at the front transition from the front shields to the side glass, that would not work on mine without a lot of glass work. But it sure makes for a really good looking 25.

I'm shooting for a 9" glass type shield on mine...also a bunch of glass work. But my boat will have a similar top, one I can walk around under without neck strain. I'm 6'4" and don't fit well under the original hard top designs.

Scot
randall

Post by randall »

scot...im 5'5'' and its like the boat was made for me...laugh every time one of my friends walks into the cabin roof....lower helm is comfortable and sleeping on the dinette bunk is a breeze
scot

Post by scot »

Randall if your 5'5"....the world was made for you. Trust me, it's a pain in the *&%) when you go to the mall and they have 3 shirts that fit you.

I'm really jealous, you could be comfortable in a 1950's Willys flat fender Jeep. I always wanted one of those go-anywhere little guys, but my knees hit my chest everytime I tried to sit in one.

Scot
randall

Post by randall »

scot....funny you should mention that....ive owned two....the first was the high fender model i had as a kid...ex gas station plow vehicle...total junk....the second however i used in utah to go back and forth to snowbird...cj 2A great little car.....was a tow behind hunting rig for 20 years before i bought it...no rust ,ran great.........i dragged it to long island when i moved here and it literally disolved in two years.....any one whos been in my shop is familiar with the concept of "duck"!!!.. less of course you my size
R Cahoon

Post by R Cahoon »

Wish I could post pictures here, not the site it's I am e-challenged. Any way I did the windshield over on my 25B and it looks like a Blackfin windshield. Front is stock and the windows still open up. I orginally had the factory hardtop. removed and then rework the side pieces of the windshield by taking it to a very good welder taking the rectangular sliding windows cutting a welding all from original frames.
Check it out on www.my25bertramleslins@msnusers.com Cost me $350. to rework the frames and $500. for all new glass.

Keep Smilin
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Randall,
Bertrams were made for we the short. Thank God something was. Buying clothes is a pain. The men's shops usually start just above where we are and the kids shops are either to slim or the stuff sucks. Not the reason for the call.
I just finished up with Jerry Avery at American Marine. They did curved glass for the cabin and top windshield (Express) and also made new side frames with glass for the cabin in Solex (a slight shading) and the upper clear.
If everybody in this country was a good to work with as American Marine this would be a much better world. Can't say enough about the quality of the work, the assistance throughout the project and the patience shown. They are the best. Jerry and his son Mike are the real thing. Give them a call and ask for Jerry. It's a good thing.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein