Atlantic City

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Doug Crowther

Atlantic City

Post by Doug Crowther »

Crows Nest has developed a leak between the a/c seacock backing plate and the hull. I can't get her hauled and repaired in time to make the 160 mile run to AC. My slip is available -contact Charlie Haws. John F.,Mack, and I are working on a plan "B" to drive up.
Bummer
JK

Post by JK »

Doug,

Plenty of time to fix it. Any friends or neighbors around with a lift? What about a local yard to pull you for a few hours? Wouldn't be the same without Crows Nest in AC.

--JK
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Jk,
She's not going to make it. I can't make the time and the marina down the creek says they wouldn't be able to get around to it until Friday afternoon. Since the bonding wire and what held it are pretty much eaten up I have no confidence in the thru hull itself.
We'll make it up Saturday but without the boat.
Doug
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Who's going to fish with me if you don't!
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Jimmy,
You know my boat is always sinking-this time its not leaky rudders or stuffing box's (fixed all of that stuff). Can't risk it this time. Guess you're a ringer this year ! See you Saturday.
Doug
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

or broken out riggers or oil lines or what ever, Mr maintence guru.....
Should have used the hilti sawzall instead of the home depot dewalt to remove the fitting......

As you've turned into a wuss as of late, I'm drinking the good bourbon I got for your arival tonight(that andI drank all the singlemalt last night and forgot to restock)

Hurry up with the future miss x , the cutting is scheduled for mid aug
Harv

Post by Harv »

Doug,

It won't be the same without you. Who's gonna eat all my bagels and bass on Saturday morning? Hope I still make it. Had some problems running on Sunday. Hoping it's just the gas losing some of it's punch from sitting since my accident. Sputtering, fluctuating, not making full revs, burning more and going slower.....just a few things right now. Hoping to burn all that old crap out on the run to AC and putting some fresh crap in the tank and hoping the problems go away.
Harv
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

I spoke with Doug yesterday and will put up the MD guys on my boat.

On sunday I had a starter go up on the stb motor, I was able to get it replaced and then the motor wouldn't start. I changed filters an checked a bunch of stuff. It seems it had a vapor lock from when I switched my old fram fuel/water seps for new Racors. After about 2 hours last night I got her running & everything seems good.

On a happier note, I stopped on the way home yesterday and picked up plenty of frozen drinks & rum. So make it or not, I'm planning on having a good time.

Well, it's time to go wash the boat and then drop the kids off with Grammie. I should be leaving at about 11am this morning and plan to make Cape May for Dinner. From there it looks like a short 2 hr run to Atlantic City on Thursday.

See Ya'll up there,
JohnD
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

AC marina is on channel 65. Call once well inside the inlet for slip assigments. I should be there by 1:00PM Thurs. Stay on VHF 65 so we can call and then we will go to another channel.
JK

Post by JK »

hopefully other than Crows Nest all the other boats will make it. weather to and from looks good. not sure what time we'll be showing up. docks open at 1pm and we plan on being there before 4pm at the latest.

jk
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Timmy aka THUUUUUDDDDD,

Mid August- I'm there. Taking a sawzall to a Hatteras is worth the cost of the flight. Wuss-I think not. I've broken plenty of stuff so far this year. Ask the guys about coming in on one engine during the shark tourney and picking up a deck hatch to find 18-20 inches of water in the bilge. Pretty sure there's something wrapped around my stbd wheel right now but the jellyfish are so bad I'm not diving to find out what. John F had his a/c clog up because he sucked one in earlier this week. Counted 20 standing on the end of my pier this morning.

Doug