I know this has been asked a 1,000 times before...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bill B

I know this has been asked a 1,000 times before...

Post by Bill B »

Windshields and frames. I have a friend who is dead set on replacing his alum window frames. He is certain the frames are beyond recovery. Also, he needs the port and starboard curved plexi windows. Any recommendations on suppliers for curved plexi and suppliers of alum replacement frames is most appreciated.

Thanks Faithful!

Bill B
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Has anybody ever considered stailnless frames?

I know on the RIVA 25 (bertram) they fabricated the frames in stainless, but never saw a 31 with them.
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

This guy would rather stay with aluminum.

Thanks - Bill B
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bill,

American Marine in Pompano, FL can do both. See the Links Page for their info...

Your friend will have to supply them with both original curved acrylic windowd and both side frames. They will make up the new stuff to match. They use the original curved windows as drape molds and form the new acrylic over the originals. The originals have to be removed carefully so they remain intact.

Craig,

A couple of instances where people have one-offed stainless frames, but it's a nightmare job. Places like American Marine work mostly in alluminum and most places that work in stainless don't want to do custom work of that sort...

Br,

Patrick
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

Thank you Patrick!

Bill B