John Pantovic - Worton Creek Marina buys Post Yachts

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

John Pantovic - Worton Creek Marina buys Post Yachts

Post by IRGuy »

On several occasions in the past I have seen John Pantovic/Worton Creek Boatyard mentioned in this forum with positive comments. I surmise he is regarded in the boat building/repair business as a highly regarded business man doing quality work.

The most recent issue of Soundings Magazine has a small report (April 2012, pg 30) stating that Pantovic and his family have bought the assets of Post Yachts (which went bankrupt a year ago) and are planning on building the full line of Post boats at their facility in Chestertown, MD.

Due to the praise he has received here in the past I thought some of you might be interested in this news.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

When I lived in Baltimore, I took my B25 up to his yard.

He spent more than an hour of his time showing me their current 31 projects and also the B31 graveyard which even had a 31 Moppie waiting for a new owner.

Nothing but good things from what I saw.

Ian.
BOBMX

Post by BOBMX »

My boat is down there now so John can finish it. He helped me during the whole purchase process including a thousand phone calls from me and driving to New York to survey it on 2 days notice. He is a great guy to work with!