flybridge windshield fastenings

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bermuda Brother

flybridge windshield fastenings

Post by Bermuda Brother »

Gentlemen,

Boat's in the water and I'm still just putting the finishing touches. I am trying to put the original flybridge windscreen back. I think I have the original metal fastenings for it that go through the holes along the windshield base which then anchor it to the flybridge proper. I have had these all re chromed too! I even have a new rubber gasket for the base too.

My problem is that I don't readily know how these little metal fastenings are usually attached to the plexi. The windshield had already been stripped off when I got the boat. It looks like the little "L" shaped fasteners would go all along the inside of the windhield. What I can't figure out is how these bits fasten to the base of the actual plexi windshield. ie what fitting goes on the outside of the windscreen?

What sort of fitting would go on the oustide face of the winscreen?

Sorry, its a tough question to formulate and I am struggling.

another question would be "how is captain Pat's old windscreen fitted to the flybrige?" are the fasteners still available? Is there an alternative method.

Hope somebody out there can offer an answer or photo.

Take care guys,

JJ
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

JJ,
I'll take some pic's tomorrow. I don't want to tell you wrong.

Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

After we see the picture, if they're not what you have, I may have some that I am pretty sure I have buried somewhere. If I remember correctly, my plexi was drilled and the narrow "U" shaped pieces at the ends of the threaded pins had matching holes for short small bolts and nuts to go through and sandwich the plexi to the "U". These were then hidden by the white rubber gasket that goes under and around the plexi. I think you have to punch holes in the gasket at the places where the pin goes through.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

As I recall, mine are eyebolts that bolt into the combing of the bridge. The windshield then bolts to them using an oval head machine screw and a finish washer from the outside through the eyebolt with an acorn nut on the inside. This info needs to be verified by someone else as i am going from memory.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
John F.

Post by John F. »

Mine is like Raleigh's. I have no idea if its original
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Mine is original.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

if i remmember corretly when i had my fbc, the bolts were a j hook with the open end facing down and nutted under the bridge, 2 holes
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Sorry it has taken so long JJ. Mine are like Rawleigh stated A eye bolt trough bolted. Here is a pic.

Hope that helps
Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Need them?