Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

Buddies trip

Post by Brewster Minton »

From my brothers friend in florida.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Feist
201-988-6613 Cellular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMU took the opportunity for a sword run given the break in the weather so we ran out of Jupiter before dark and set up in 1500' and change. The goal was to get Wound Tight on his first fish and we were feeling strong. About 1/2 way into the first drift we hear a clicking drag and get tight on a fish. :cool: WT gets settled in and the fish seems to be coming in easy when it all of a sudden gets big and makes some nice deep runs. :nilly: Lices are cleared and we get to the light, then Beerman leaders a nice toothy critter. One shark released.
We decide to set back up rather than make a move and about 20 minutes later the drift gets weird and we have to start shifting rods all around the boat. A freighter cruises by about 200 yards to the east of us and once he clears us, we decide to pack it up. We had been seeing planes flying around at night but thought nothing of it.
We find one slashed bait while cleaning up and get some tunes dialed up and head back toward Jupiter inlet in a 1-2' sea so we're moving at a decent clip cruising at about 4200 rpms. Hit the no wake zone and come off plane then idle to the dock at Burt Reynolds. Beerman immediately jumps off the boat and heads to the bathroom to take care of some business. :nilly: Headfirst walks over towards the truck when Wound Tight tells me "Check out this idiot blowing through the no wake zone" About then 4 or five squad cars light up in the parking lot and fly in to block the ramp when the 39' Homeland Sec boat with quads rolld up behind us with lights on yelling something we can't understand over there VHF. I think he was yelling in Spanish. Next thing you know we've got our hands up and are instructed to get on the dock with our hands on the rail. We look over and see HEadfirst with his hands on the truck getting patted down and Beerman extracted from the restrooms. :nilly: Wound Tight and I get patted down and I'm asked a barrage of questions "Where are you coming from" "What were you doing" etc etc. Things settle down and they search the entire boat thoroughly, run all our names and the one firearm we had on board. Turns out the plance spotted us near the freighter then saw us cruising in at a good rate of speed, so they dispatched the Homeland Security boat from Boyton at full speed to intercept us. :driving: By the end of the whole ordeal we had Palm Beach County Sherrifs there, Jupiter Police, Homeland Security, Customs, US Coast Guard, and Border Patrol there. :eek: Burt Reynolds was lit up like a x-mas tree.
At first it was pretty intense but I've got to say all the parties involved were very curteous and professional. They told us they are looking for Haitians. Be aware they are out there if you head out!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thanks Brewster, I'll sleep better tonight. Now, if your brother and his friends had been a bunch of extremist Jihadists, they could have disembarked from the boat without any suspicion directed their way....