Warrantee issues.....BEWARE

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Warrantee issues.....BEWARE

Post by Bruce »

This last dipshi* of a repower has run into a warrante issue that I should pass along.

Buying engines thru a dealer is the same as a boat manufacturer. That is the warrantee doesn't start till those engines are retailed and registered with an in service date.

So a dealer could have engines in stock for 5 years and they will still be covered under the warrantee when sold that 5 years later.

On to my dumb ass customer.

He chose to buy the engines after talking to me and getting the same price, from the Yanmar distibutor, who by the way is not supposed to sell engines, Mastry engine center.

By doing this he started the retail part of it and thus the warrantee started 2.5 years ago of a 2 year warrantee.

Now why so long you say?

Well the shi* head doesn't listen for one. When talking repowers before bringing the boat over from the Bahamas, he wanted to buy the engines since they were going away due to emissions and store them till he got the boat over.

Well not hearing from him in the mean time, another 31 owner contacted me for a repower and I took on the job and started the work.

Two days after I started the 31, dipshi* head calls to tell me his boat is in Ft LAuderdale and he wants to tow it up to me to start.

I explain that he gave me no cause or contact as to a start date and just showed up with the boat and that I just started another repower.

He chose to get a slip and wait for me.

About 10 months later I pulled his boat to start. What he failed to tell me was the extensive termite damage that the boat had. OH yea he says. It had termites bad.

Anyways after finaly delivering it, his dopey wife decides to fill out the online registration instead of waiting for me to do it and enters the original sales date of the engines as the in service date.

By not entering the delivery date it throws a red flag to Yanmar.

He's screwed with no warrantee now.

A more deserving though of a customer I've never had. Good for him.

I say all this long winded diatribe to make sure that when you buy an engine or engines for a project that you make sure of the warrantee status of when it starts.

Most all the time a RETAIL transaction is when the warrantee starts.

If you buy an engine from Joe marine shop and take it home and finish the boat 5 years later, your basically SOL.

If you buy the engine from Joe marine and he takes 5 years to install them, the warrantee doesn't start till you get the boat.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK. ASK QUESTIONS. GET IT ALL ON PAPER!

I hope this is the once in a life time dumber than a bag of rocks customer I'll ever get.
Doesn't deserve to own a 31.

BTW Patrick and Patrick, make sure whoever registers your engines uses the sea trial date as the in service date.

Once its entered wrong, your screwed.

I'm sure I didn't have to tell you this but it seems now I'm having to lower my thinking to curb height to protect myself even further from darwins missing link air breathers.

Brain cells are dying at an alarming rate at this point. I'll be wearing a diaper and drooling on myself within a few years if this continues.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Bruce, you do not seem overly found of Mr Dipshi*...
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Carl,

Don't ask how Bruce really feels about Mr. Ingrateful and his dumb as a stump wife & relatives. He just might stop being polite about them...

Br,

Patrick
Carl

Post by Carl »

CaptPatrick wrote:Carl,

Don't ask how Bruce really feels about Mr. Ingrateful and his dumb as a stump wife & relatives. He just might stop being polite about them...

Br,

Patrick
LMAO...okay point taken.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

That has got to be the funnest thing I have heard in a long time. I guess the guy does not visit this site. Or may Bruce is just fed-up and doesn't care.
I hope you got or are getting paid.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Charlie,
I don't care who see's what I write. I'm an unfiltered kinda person.

Ask Pat. I took alot of crap over the years from customers because I belived the bullshi* that the customer was always right.

Well guess what, he's not. In fact most the time he's full of shi* and dumber than a box of rocks.

I was always straight with my family to they're displeasure.
Just doin the same as a business person.

You should have been at Thanksgiving with my family 29 years ago

after marrying my wife who is part Blackfoot, everyone giving thanks and

when it came to me I said "thinkyou for giving us the ability to slaughter

the American Indians and put the survivors into concentration camps or

reservations as we called them and then steal their land. Thankyou for allowing us to nearly kill

off all the Buffalo to make trinkets. Thankyou for allowing us to pave over

green land. Thankyou for an oppressive government.

But most of all thankyou for a family that could give a rats ass about

each other but gets together once a year to make nice. Amen"

Introducing my wife after that was a breeze.

BTW, money not being a priority in my life allows me to be free from its slavery which includes kissing people's asses just to pay the rent.

It also allows me to bend over backwards to help people out of which many here can attest to and also allows me to dish out free advice and tech support which has saved the folks here many, many thousands of dollars.

But to answer your question, yes I got paid. I'm not stupid. Maybe clueless, but certainly not stupid.

There is a message in that first post I hope people are getting.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that Thanksgiving!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Ah so true. We have come way to far with all the "political correctness".