Solar,reefer,head,rewiring almost done!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Yannis

Solar,reefer,head,rewiring almost done!

Post by Yannis »

Very messy but I hope you can get an overall idea.

1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Kevin

Re: Solar,reefer,head,rewiring almost done!

Post by Kevin »

I know the boat has a lot of windows but that solar panel will work way better outside. Just kidding.
I like the reefer set up. Minimized cold air leakage with top opening door. She looks good for a HYENA!
One word of caution on your electrical panel though. Check your cap to hull bond and every screw on the rub rail, window assembly etc. You would be amazed how much water will come in through the smallest of holes. The leak could be at the front by the v berth and water will travel aft. Check you window frame external drains for the window track and make sure they are not clogged with debris. Any water that does get in will travel down the FG along the frame and leak in right where the panel is. It could make a real mess of 5 grand in tinned copper wire and that panel you got there.
Throw a dusting of baby powder inside the hull, it should help identify any leaks and paths of water travel.
Yannis

Re: Solar,reefer,head,rewiring almost done!

Post by Yannis »

Thanks Kevin,

I checked water resistance already by thoroughly cleaning/rinsing the windows, rub rail etc with my Karcher water gun and its 100psi more than once and there wasn't a drop of water inside. However, you're right, you can never be too cautious with electricity. I wander if I could put some sort of an insulating cover between the cables and the hull, perhaps this tar covered paper of some sort. Anyway, I still have so much left to do...Thanx.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"