Shafts for 46 Berty

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Navatech

Shafts for 46 Berty

Post by Navatech »

Turns out that my shafts have too much damage to them (mostly pitting)... I have found somebody who has an identical boat who repowerd and upgraded his shafts. Machine shop says the shafts are in a good condition. Asking price is 1,760 per shaft. Is this a reasonable price?

Shafts are 2" or 2.25" (I don't remember) SS.
Carl

Re: Shafts for 46 Berty

Post by Carl »

Whats the overall length?
Double tapered shaft?
What grade of SS? A-17.19, 22" or A22-HS if 2-1/4".
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Carl wrote:Whats the overall length?
I'm not sure...
Carl wrote:Double tapered shaft?
Yes...
Carl wrote:What grade of SS? A-17.19, 22" or A22-HS if 2-1/4".
Not sure... Again, these are Bertram OEM shafts that came of another 46... I.e. these are used shafts...
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

HI , I see another post, for a sport fish, that's caught on fire and sunk, have a look as its a B46, could be a good source of parts, just a thought
Todd
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Todd Pearce wrote:HI , I see another post, for a sport fish, that's caught on fire and sunk, have a look as its a B46, could be a good source of parts, just a thought
Todd
I just had the same thought :-)

The question is where do I find out who's raising her and who's going to scrap her?!... I can't imagine that this boat would be rehabilitated... Everything would have to be refurbished... It would be a complete rebuild aside from the hull... And, even that (I'm thinking bulkheads) might need work... Not to speak of fire damage...