1985 Bertram 46' 6" SF

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Navatech

1985 Bertram 46' 6" SF

Post by Navatech »

Hi, I'm fortunate in that I have recently purchased a 1985 Bertram 46' 6" SF (government auction) but I'm unfortunate in that the boat is lacking all documentation.

I don't need generator, engine or gear documentation. I can get those very easily. What I'm looking for are the owner manual, schematics (electric & piping) etc.

Any help will be appreciated. Not looking for freebies.

Thanks in advance.
Navatech

Re: 1985 Bertram 46' 6" SF

Post by Navatech »

As an alternative, is there another owner of this boat around here? Picking his/her brain would accomplish much of what I need the documentation for.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Getting the owners manual will be tough. But ask a question and post a picture or diagram if you need too. Your question will get answered.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Getting the owners manual will be tough.
Just borrowing one that I can copy (scan into the computer) would work. Then I could even post it online for others.
But ask a question and post a picture or diagram if you need too. Your question will get answered.
Would it be OK if I start a new thread for each question? That way the thread subject would be representative of the content...
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Welcome aboard and good luck with the boat. You may be able to get the owners manual directly from Bertram. I'd try them first and then call Danny at Hightide Marine:

http://www.hightidemarine.cc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards,

Doug L.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Welcome aboard and good luck with the boat.
You may be able to get the owners manual directly from Bertram. I'd try them first and then call Danny at Hightide Marine
I filled out Bertram's on-line contact form and I emailed them. No answer. I guess they're more interested in selling new boats. Next time I'm in the US (around the end of April) I'll try with a personal visit.

As for Hightide Marine, I've just now emailed them. Hopefully they'll be more responsive.

Thanks for the lead!
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Well, Hightide Marine have replied but they don't do manuals. Only hardware.
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

Hi ,I have a b42 1986 and she has all her books plans drawings etc,complete,cant say they are the same but if its any help let me know
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

I have a b42 1986 and she has all her books plans drawings etc,complete,cant say they are the same but if its any help let me know
First of all, thanks for trying to help. Second, indeed, these aren't the same boats but the 42 was, at the time, the little sister of the 46'6" which was, itself, the little sister of the 56' so there's definitely going to be some overlap.

It's certainly worth it to give it try. I'd like to see the tankage schematics. If could email a picture or scan of those pages we'll see how close they are. Fax will also work if that's more convenient for you.

Fax: 305-675-2658
Email: enavarsky (you know what goes here) navatech (you know what goes here) us. Sorry about the subterfuge. The robots are getting better at reading obfuscated email addresses.