Hot Water Heater Location

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jrhaszard

Hot Water Heater Location

Post by jrhaszard »

Mikey says I don't need no stinkin hot water heater but I would still like to know where it was located on my 1980 B-31 FBC.My guess it was behind the refrigerator.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

JR

If I remember correctly, they were originally in the head, in the cabinet under the sink. Couldn't have been very much hot water.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i had a 6 gallon heater in boat and it was located behind refrigerator. worked from circulation of coolant while engine was running and 110volt at dock. all stainless works perfect removed to kick refrigerator back to hull.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Bob- Your saying your heater worked off the heated engine coolant reminded me of someone who had it tucked in one of the engine compartments, but I don't remember who. Seems logical if it's not too big.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

walterk was not big at all .fit on a shelf in back of refrigerator against hull.anybody need one ---just a donation!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I've got an electric pass thru water heater that's about the size of a big Thermos that came out of our kitchen during a remodel. Plan to install under the galley counter soon. Heats water to good shower temp. continously. I have a 6.5 KW genset so power is no issue. I saw several similar models recently at Lowe's for short money vs. the "marine" models that are grossly overpriced.

UV
Dug

Post by Dug »

I have one in the engine compartment on the starboard side. It is not connected anymore. I'm not sure I will reconnect it. I bought and insalled it about 10 years ago and had it working for a couple years. Never reconnected it after the re-power and I have not missed it...