Well its officially a stellar year

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

Well its officially a stellar year

Post by JP Dalik »

For those of you up north I'm guessing the fishing is starting to get pretty good.

Boats been in for 5 weeks and the striped bass fishing is off the hook. The kids (Both mine and Neils boy) have grown into very good wire men and at least one good gaff man.

Our fishing has been started early and done by 8am. All spoons all early. I can't say the bunker bait boats have had any change on the fishery. In fact the entire season out of Manasquan is early by 4 weeks.

The mako and more importantly the first bluefin has been caught out of LBI and I hear reports of tunas out of MA so its time to put the spoons away and try to catch a tuna.

Summer has come early to the Northeast. Have a great season guys.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Dug

Post by Dug »

Guess I better get the damned boat in the water soon then! Still so much to do....

It will go in next week. Come heck or high water...
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

JP, Sounds like your off to a banner year, we ran my buddys 42 ocean up from VA last week, dropped the prop at Cape May, they had him back up n running in less than a week, on monday he ran over a big school of 150 lb bluefins about 40 -60 miles off Cape May. Busting all over lots of bait. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?