Epoxy Question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scooter28

Epoxy Question

Post by scooter28 »

I'm currently in the process of repairing all the gelcoat blisters on my 28. It looks like its true what they say about 73's being the worst model year for blisters. I'm just glad the boats been on a lift the last 15yrs. Its incredible to see how marinas have just painted right over half of em.

Anyways my question is i'm applying west system to all exposed fiberglass and was curious if the common practice is to wait till it tacks up and then start applying the epoxy barrier coat? Doing it this way which i believe is called hotcoating would save having to wash the amine blush off and resand but im unsure if the west system will interact well with the interlux 2000e. dont want to have blisters between layers of epoxy haha. the reason im considering this is im extremely short on time so any way to speed up the process without hurting the end result would help. any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Capt. Scooter
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Not a problem, go for it... All marine two part epoxy systems are compatible with each other.