wat up

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ric

wat up

Post by Ric »

hello hello hello
Been some time since i posted,been "lurking" and reading
.U.V. wat up buddy havent seen a post from you in a coon's age, weather up here in Taxachusetts is now turning into livable conditions and i wil be splashing 3rd week of may. No major problems did break one of my windows ,,slider in the front starboard side last season and i gave the port side front glass to timmy as a template for the other side, hopefully "thud" can make it happen for me,,,capt pat I sent you a check a few weeks back dont know if you got it,,but i sent it to LLano wherever the hell that is ,,Any interest this year in making the lauderdale boat show,, we havent been down in a few years might be hard to reclaim our rightful spot on the whiskey deck. My boat is running top knotch and she looks as good as the day i splashed her in fact "Better" I will be taking some pics and will forward thenm to patrick as he can update my "rebuild" file with the finished product ,,and all the accessorys i put in .,.,.,.,, Its lauderdale ..,.,"we" goin
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Ric - I'm doing okay, still in the recovery mode tho. It's been so damn hot here you can't stay outside for long. Washed the port side of AJ yesterday afternoon and conked out....maybe stb. next week. She had not been washed good in several months and was filthy, a sad testament to my poor stewardship here recently.

Someone was inquiring about cleaning Stamoid.....my method is to first wet it for a couple of hours with a little soap - like Dawn - in the water....keep it wet....then brush it with a soft brush and rinse....see what you got at that point.....if you need more cleaning, use PURE Clorox, no water, bursh it on with the soft brush, let it sit for 15 seconds and rinse. Does the trick....the deep stains look to me like mildew and straight Clorox is about the only thing that will cut it. My Stamoid enclosure and cockpit sunshade is now about 8 yers old, been outdoors the whole time and looks like new....likewise the Strataglass and Goretex thread. A couple of my zippers were not what I specified and have gone to hell....I guess the guy that built the canvas ran out of the YKK zippers with the special teeth that don't go to pot in the sun. My entire enclosure and shade cost about twice as much as using conventional meterials like Sumbrella and clear vinyl, regular thread, etc and I used to get about 3 good years out of the old crap.....The new stuff shows no signs at all of aging...the Stamoid is amazing stuff, still as supple as the day it was put on the boat. The Goretex thread is also amazing since that is the first to go using the old polyester threads.....but they say goretex is a bitch to work with, so be prepared to pay extra for labor due to it.

Anyway Ric, if I'm up to it health-wise, count of me at the Flophouse the last week of October. Maybe we can get those cheap skates at Bertram to buy us a few hi-dollar beers???

UV
Harv

Post by Harv »

Vicroy wrote:Ric - I'm doing okay, still in the recovery mode tho. It's been so damn hot here you can't stay outside for long. Washed the port side of AJ yesterday afternoon and conked out....maybe stb. next week. She had not been washed good in several months and was filthy, a sad testament to my poor stewardship here recently.
UV
UV,
the fact that you got something accomplished dispite your health, speaks wonders of your stewardship. Never put your health before anything. You should see Windstar, sheesh, I've been unable to do just about anything for 2 years. 3 weeks ago, I was at the yard to pay some bills, They were in between removing the old weather beaten wrap and putting a new one on. I looked at the arch and managed to put a coating of Corrosion X on the aluminum. Other than that, haven't done a thing. Worse case scenario, we can always pay someone for a few hours work, if we aren't up to it. Good luck in your recovery, I go under the knife May 11 for another attempt to fix my back.
Harv