Pheonix flybridge

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

Pheonix flybridge

Post by JP Dalik »

Bob,
I thought it would be easier to make a new thread rather then talking in and out of a couple different ones.

Regarding increasing flat space on the bridge.

Chimera is set up as a 1 man stand up flybridge (however people still manage to find their way, bastards you'd think they could take a hint...) The chair pedastal is 26" with the helm chair on top of that, this is quite higher than the original bench set up. With this in mind we have no real problems viewing our screens on a relatively low mounting angle, we are simply looking down on them. To that end regardless of how you mount a large screen there are times during the day that you will need to move your head around to see the screen. Early morning and late afternoon come to mind when the sun angle is lower. I have never been on a boat where you didn't have to wiggle around to view the screen at some point during the day.

Now keep in mind I have only viewed Pheonix in pictures and my comments are only based on that. So here it goes. If you keep your bridge the way it is pictured it is a good idea to steepen the angle of the flat mounting panels so that it benefits the lower sitting position on your boat. The E-series have a bright screen so this will help reduce some of your viewing concerns.

The only word of advice I would give is this. The B31 flybridge is small. It is easy to clutter it up with panels VHF's gauges cup holders and other BS. Think about your final layout before making holes.

That's all I got pal. Good Luck.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
neil

Post by neil »

jp if i buy you a cup holder will you install it,either that or get a syrconizer
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

jp i am sorry to badger you with these questions mainly because it never occur to me you had a stand up bridge.i just could not figure how you could see the screen sitting down at the height that i had my chair .the phoenix pod extends way back towards the stern to shift weight to stern.the twin chair arrangment sits at the extreme rear of the bridge.i sit low on the bridge but enought to see over the bow.the shock absorber seats make the ride to the canyon a lot eassier on the lower back.i agree with you on your reluctance to change the hight of the bridge to do so would change the lines of the boat.somebody did it ,but only raised it a few inches .the change was barely visable unless you concentrated on a bert alongside.i will put the 12" screens to the top and find another place for the vhf and toggle switches.------------thanks for the input.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473