wires from engines to helm

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Did you seal up the pilasters?

Anything running up there you can cut, tie a pull cord to and back to the engine room and then pull the cut wire back, reconnect and with it pull the engine wires?
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

You have to take the outside of the pliasters off to fish wires thru them. Bunch of little screws and aluminum trim.

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

John,

What size pipe did you use? Was it a flexiable pipe? If it was...it could have curve into the cavity toward your inner cabin lights, which are above the side window's inside the cabin.

Did you glass the hole in the bottom of your pilaster's? You needed to do both pilaster's to get access for both to the bridge.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
gplume

Post by gplume »

I remember well the pain of this operation well....I stupidly lost my snake wire to the bridge when I was doing my rewire. Many hours spent rerunning a new snake as everything I sent up would end up curled in such a way that I could not get to it (had to go out and throw some firewood around the yard about halfway though this adventure to cool off.) Ended up using a realtively rigid electrician's snake greased up. (Ok guys....don't run with this one.)

Of course an easy way is to sacrifice an existing wire, and pull up a new snake.
Giff