salt water manifold

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

salt water manifold

Post by bob lico »

nic you had mention in a former post the idea of creating a salt water manifold for generator raw water,salt water wash down,and live bait well pump,i discussed the differculties of fitting all those outputs with individual ball valves,and salt water filters.well here is the completed project with access to all valves and filters and of course i had to work around port fuel filter.i use 300 psi. triple reinforce water hose and bronze fittings for valves and thru hull.-----thanks for the tip
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

here are the photo`s

nic

Post by nic »

Bob,

Thanks for following through and showing us. Good solution and great access, you can turn all those non-essentials off when not in use for complete peace of mind.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I plumbed my washdown and livewell off of the engine intakes. I kept the tee close to the seacock and I have never had any trouble with them sucking air or depriving the engines of adequate water I do have valves on them so that I can isolate them if necessary. I have 11/2" intakes necked down to 11/4" at the strainers. I figured the extra size would cover the relatively small water usage of those items. I made a manifold for my washdown pump so that I can draw from the freshwater tank, the seacock or from the Sendure overflow that doesn't go into the exhaust, so that I can have hot washdown water! This way I can clean the deck and washdown the rods with freshwater on the way home.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

rawleigh i would hesitate on tapping the raw water to the engines but if it works for you great.the idea of hot fresh water wash down makes alot of sense especially taking out stains on the cockpit floor and no salt residue on glass will have enter that in my next project book.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

It really cuts the fish guts good and feels great when striper fishing in the wintertime. Half of my Sendure water goes out through an outlet on the side of the hull, and I added a tee in that line for the supply.
I was a little hesitant about plumbing into the intakes as well, but I tried it on the washdown with no ill effects, and then I added the livewell to the other engine.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31