Just a note...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Whaler1777

Just a note...

Post by Whaler1777 »

Hi everyone its been quite some time since I have posted so here I am dropping this note to say hello and let you all know that I am still alive, read the boards daily and continue to learn more and more every single time I visit, I cant thank you all enough.. but spring is here and summer is just around the corner giving me the much needed warmth to get back to work on the boat.... I have tried to do as much as I could over the winter, the hull is pretty much gutted floors, stringers, absolutely every single last piece of wiring, steering, shaft logs, struts+backing pads, rudders, well pretty much everything is gone... Next step is to patch up all of those holes in the hull from old transducers etc... I'll try to post up some pics soon to show you exactly where I'm at... Take care for now and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Montauk this August....
-John
Last edited by Whaler1777 on Apr 12th, '13, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
nic

Post by nic »

John,

If I remember the "Summer Winds" was a very original, straight boat...a perfect starting point. Did it have Detroits?

Good to hear that you are as enthusiastic as ever and you are on your way to saving another of these great boats.

Look forward to seeing your progress in the pics.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
randall

Post by randall »

pictures....we love pictures (well at least i do) see you in montauk