Cool Ebay Items

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harv

Cool Ebay Items

Post by Harv »

For any one interested, I just purchased some items from this guy on Ebay. They are way cool miniature collectables. The quality, attention to detail and realism is off the hook. He only has a few items left right now, so if you are interested, I'd check them out. I bought some for me and my dad.....2 Lee chairs, 2 miniature Penn 50VSW's, I asked how much to buy 2 miniature rods, and he threw them in as a gift. They arrived today, and I set one up for dad for tomorrow. I used a little of my own ingenuity, and cut down one of the styrofoam peanuts, marked a neon pink stripe around the top third of the foam and threaded what little line there was, through the rod guides and through the peanut. Now it looks just like a miniature shark float hanging off the rod tip.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcabosfun
Harv
Buju

Post by Buju »

Or this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hamilton ... dZViewItem
Thinking it'd be a sweet application in a B20... or maybe a single in a B25?? Don't really know the specs on it, but easy enough to find out on Hamiltons Website.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

The problem with jet drive on a deep V is finding enough flat surface to install the water pickup......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Buju

Post by Buju »

Yeah, roger that Mike... Hate to alter the perfect hull, but if one wanted it enough, not too difficult to make the last few feet of the keel into a little 'delta pad".
There was a nice green B25 Bahia for sale a few years ago with a single yanmar, and a hamilton drive. They did just that to the hull. But maybe
thats why she was for sale?

Mike, a few questions:
I was looking at the small pic of Predator from your "signature link" and noticed your outriggers... what's goin' on there? Looks like you've got t-top style ( top-guns or sidewinders ) riggers monted on the rear of your hardtop? Slick... do you have the swivel controls under the top, and are you able to deploy them from the bridge, or just the cockpit? Either way, really clean, and nice look.