A/C heads up

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

A/C heads up

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Just went to my local Pep Boy's for some motor oil and they had a display (unused, but no box) 8,000 btu window unit on sale for $34 after the $30 mail in rebate....wireless remote to boot. The 5,000 btu in my shop struggles in the summer and is only kept alive with generous applications of CX.

UV
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

Hi Vicroy, I have nothing to say about the A-C, but thanks for your and Patricks help with the deck repair. It went great. It was hard to believe how easy it was [hopefully it will last], but either way it was a great learning experience].
what good is a boat if you cant spend all your money and time you dont have working on it.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I put up the post about the window a/c units figuring Pep Boys was closing out stock, at least here in the South and might be a good time to snatch a good unit for next to nothing.

The vermiculite (Capt. Patrick's Trail Mix) will last since vermiculite is "pop corn" mica mineral that is puffed in high heat....because it is a mineral and will never rot.

Looking at Capt. Patrick's pix of the Zero Cavity window frame refit, I saw some vermiculite in one of the first steps to fill some voids. One of those tricks us mere mortals would never know but for the Ole Fart. On the other hand, most of us would not know each other but for the Ole Fart.....

UV