Holding tank

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

dannyr

Holding tank

Post by dannyr »

Hello all, I'm posting for my dad who just purchased his first (pre-owned) Bertram. I've done quite a bit of searching and I'm not finding the information he needs so I'm posting here in hopes one of you can direct me or help us out.
He has a 1980 Bertram 38 III Convertible. He doesn't have a manual for it, and it's required a bunch of work already so far that he's been able to figure out. He's just now finding out that he has no idea where the waste holding tank is or if his boat has one. The site he bought it from says it has a 50gallon waste tank, but they don't know where at. From my digging I believe it should be stbd side, with a deck plate to pump from? He says it isn't in the engine compartment (he's got 2 engines, which are underneath the bedroom area accessed via scuttle hole?) where the generator and a/c are at.

Any one have any ideas of how we can go about looking? Or adding one if it isn't there?? Possibly where to find a manual for it if not available on Bertrams website.

Thank you!!
Amber
Tony Meola

Re: Holding tank

Post by Tony Meola »

I take it you can not find a deck plate for the pump out. It should be on the tunnels some place. If you can not find one then there is probably no holding tank. Why not follow the out flow hose from the toilet. That would have to lead you yo the tank or a thru hull for dischargr.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Re: Holding tank

Post by bob lico »

the holding tank is located midway between the entrance to the V-berth (master quarters) and the steps to salon area. centered in the bilge under the floorboards.of the gangway.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473