new to me 1962 B25 ?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bo Toepfer

new to me 1962 B25 ?

Post by Bo Toepfer »

Hello folks. I came into this boat rather suddenly. I have always been a fan of the B31 and Capt. Pat's craftsmanship. ,, This boat is a bare hull no hardware and such but the glass parts are here,, I find no evidence of a helm on the cabin bilk head and am hoping you folks can tell me what I have. I desire is to fashion her in to an "attractive " pocket sportfisher, My wife and I can use here on the Chesapeake..

Thanks in advance Bo

Southern Maryland
Keep seeking the treasure!
Navatech

Re: new to me 1962 B25 ?

Post by Navatech »

Bo Toepfer wrote:hoping you folks can tell me what I have.
I was going to post that "pictures would help" but then I saw that you did try to post a picture (but botched it)... So I fixed that for you...

From what I see you have the "hard top" version there... The fact that you don't see any evidence of a helm on the cabin bulkhead doesn't mean it's not there...
Bo Toepfer wrote:Thanks in advance
You're welcome...
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

Thanks my desire is to retro fit Her with a bridge ! any found images would be appreciated
Southern Maryland
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bo, I'm pretty sure that is a 25 Express Cruiser that has been modified by P O for some reason.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Look down about 5 threads and look at the photos of Howesounders 25 Express.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bo

Welcome.

I believe about a month ago someone was looking to sell a bridge to a 25. Try the search feature to see what you can find.

Maybe Joel or one of the other 25 owners will chime in on what you have. But it does look like someone did some modifications.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Looks like the windshield was removed by the previous owner. Maybe add a half tower/hard top?
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Howesounder

Post by Howesounder »

Yep pretty sure that's an express you have there, and I don't think a helm was ever fitted inside these. For the kind of fishing I do on this coast, I like the express, as it keeps you close to the rods and helm. Just needs a frame and glass. I also get the feeling the express might be a bit less tippy when slow in slop without all the weight up high.

(I will measure the glass and frames if you want dimensions and angles.

Steve.
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

Thanks for all the kind words and offers. I am sure I will be back soon. has anyone lowered the cockpit deck?
Southern Maryland
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

since our boat has no windshield I think I will fabricate a composite frame! Thoughts?t
Southern Maryland
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Bo Toepfer wrote:since our boat has no windshield I think I will fabricate a composite frame! Thoughts?t
If you're going to add a fly bridge stiffening the cabin top by closing up the front windshield with an FRP panel is certainly something to think about...

Other then that, a fixed clear/tinted plastic (e.g. Lexan) windshield wouldn't require much in the way of a frame...
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

Image This is the galley as you can she she is striped down.

bridge or not I will close up the front windows I just like the look, ! I have seen a 25 owned by a canvass mfg. guy in Florida that looks real good!, I went over the boat last night( first chance I had ) she appears sound hollow glass stringers, new Alum fuel tank, never fastened in place or plumbed, ! when I get the picture thing down ( thanks for your help) I will add them
Southern Maryland
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

this boat is just the way I got it. can some one help me figure out what the boxed area is below on the deck level Blocks for cleats? , also should the two hatch lids that are p/s of the motor well have hinges?,, I have many questions and I am thinking about building composite window frames for the openings in the cabin, p/s closing in the two on the bow
Southern Maryland
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Bo Toepfer wrote:Image

this boat is just the way I got it. can some one help me figure out what the boxed area is below on the deck level Blocks for cleats?
Every Bertram I have seen to date has had triangular hawser pipes on the coaming in the rear corners... With the cleats being located below these hawser pipes... I'm posting a couple of pictures to show what I mean...

BTW, both of these pictures come from a site which might be interesting to you: 25 BERTRAM Project Site Directory

So yes, those "boxes" MIGHT be blocks for cleats but I've never seen them before...
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

What I see !ImageWhat She sees Image
Southern Maryland
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Now that right there is funny. There is one problem, her vision is complete, you need a Billfish drapped across the transom.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

Tony Meola wrote:Now that right there is funny. There is one problem, her vision is complete, you need a Billfish drapped across the transom.
Agreed !
Southern Maryland
Bo Toepfer

Post by Bo Toepfer »

My efforts to track down the previous owner was a success. He was excited to hear the boat was going to be restored, He is the man who made the fine fuel tank ( metal fab by trade)that is in the boat and was open to further chats. He also has pictures of Her past,, Had to share this ! Happy fourth !
Southern Maryland