Need some B25 V-drive info

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Need some B25 V-drive info

Post by scot »

I am in need of some info off a twin v-8 inboard, V-drive 25. Need to know what load capacity the Bertram tag is showing on this model. Mine was a twin I/O and the tag states "16 persons or 2400lbs persons and cargo". Can't image 16 people on that boat LOL.

Is this capacity the same for the V-drive boats, considering they were around 800# heavier? I know the cockpit sole is located higher in the hull and the scuppers are around 4" higher on the V-drive boats to accommodate the additional weight.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Rocket

Re: Need some B25 V-drive info

Post by Rocket »

I'll look tomorrow Scot, sounds familiar, though.150 lbs per person, that is why you can fit so many, they are really tiny!
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

My plate says 16 or 2400lbs. Basically 16 times 150.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
scot

Post by scot »

Thanks guys. I am a little surprised that Bertram didn't change the load capacity with that much additional weight in the hull. 16 persons, 2400# it is!

Comes a time in ever re-engineered project when you get nervous. I had mine last week reading some weight data on the marine 318s. I based my original calculations on each engine weighing 1200# (gear & marine trim), which came from a member on the old 25 board... swore we weighted them (hope he was right). BUT the best number I can come up with for each engine / gear / V-drive is around 850-900#... SO, the nervous part came when I realize my original calculations were 500-600# off. But a few days of pencil whipping laid my worries to rest. My boat will still end up no heavier than an original fly bridge V-drive B25. Still be able to carry fat old men and gear :-)
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0