One moment.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Yannis

One moment.

Post by Yannis »

My son and myself, earlier today, lighting up his 16th B-day cake. Time flies...
In the background, in the blue bucket, the disinfected boat utensils retrieved from the garage to move into the boat's drawers. Summer is approaching!

1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Re: One moment.

Post by mike ohlstein »

That fancy propeller looks like it came from a different kind of boat......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Ha, indeed.

I bought it on the internet a few (6?) years ago and is supposed to be a reconditioned airplane prop (re-polished and stuff).
I had thought to attach it to a fan rotor on the ceiling for the summer, but it's too heavy for that business, my plan failed, so it became a living room ornament !
If I told you the dimensions, would you be able to tell me what plane it's from? A flying Bertram perhaps ?!
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:I bought it on the internet a few (6?) years ago and is supposed to be a reconditioned airplane prop (re-polished and stuff).
I had thought to attach it to a fan rotor on the ceiling for the summer, but it's too heavy for that business, my plan failed, so it became a living room ornament !
If I told you the dimensions, would you be able to tell me what plane it's from? A flying Bertram perhaps ?!
That's a cool mancave item!... I don't think that just the dimensions would help identify the plane... If there's a manufacturer and serial number (there should be unless it's really VERY VERY old or a replica) you could find out that way... Bertrams can go only so fast... Regardless of how much HP you put in them... I don't think the top speed allows take-off...

BTW, you said you've never been married but you have son?!... Somebody's been naughty!... ;-))

Enjoy while you can... It seems that only a couple of years ago I was changing his diapers and now my eldest is in the Israeli navy (like me and my father and also like my brother, a cousin and a nice)... He's an instructor (basic seamanship stuff) with our version of Annapolis (the US Naval Academy)...

This is a picture of my son at his graduation (2nd generation at that school, me and my younger brother preceded him):

You'll notice that our military don't do those funny uniforms the Greek do ;-))
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

I served in the air force so I'm not very familiar with the navy's uniforms; I think that the typical Greek navy outfit, dark blue in the winter or just plain white in the summer with the black canvass belt, the round - skillet shaped - hat and the collar strings, all derive from the british uniform. BTW, the funniest of all uniforms is the french one, with the red pon-pon on the hat !

I haven't got married because I didn't feel I needed a "stamp" to prove the obvious. Also, I'm allergic to gods and religions of any sort.