This a Test

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

This a Test

Post by clay »

I am going to try and post a photo - I did the test run and preview and I think I have it. But if I don't just feel sorry for me because I am from Texas a state with lots of oil and very little ethanol.

Photo of PROUD CUT (x My Play Pen) 1975 FBC berthed next to a 1968 B31 and even though you cant see it there is a 1969 B31 just accross the dock to the stern. To date I have seen 9 B31's in little ol Port Aransas. This summer there will be another one when Phil finishes "THEREHEIS". How is the paint looking Phil?
Capt. Mike Holmes

Port A

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Clay, where exactly in Port A are you berthed? I was down there last July, looking at a 38 Bert for sale, and saw at least 2 31's near that boat.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
clay

Post by clay »

Capt. Mike

I was at Woodys with all the Charter Boat's (the other two B31's charter) but I moved to Island Moorings - now that they have the channel deep enough to keep from cleaning the props every time out. I am hauling the boat next week for a month to repair the "classic strut backing block delams" and a host of other major/minor repairs. Call me if you get down my way. 361-533-3792 cell

Clay
scot

Post by scot »

Being a Texan I'm not sure I would name a boat "Proud Cut".....maybe someone wanted a 54' boat and the wife said no.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Capt. Mike Holmes

Port A

Do you know Glenn Martin? I am on a mackerel advisory panel to the Gulf Council with him, also Mike Nugent, who has a bait camp back towards Conn Brown Harbor and the raggedy old charter boat "Wreckclaimation". I had read somewhere that Island Mooring got dredged, that's good.

Scot, do you need my 4" fiberglass "Y". Only have one, and it's 4" on all three ends. Hav a couple of 4" elbows, too.
scot

Post by scot »

Thanks for the offer Mike,

I need a 4x4x6. Y pipe. I don't see a need for the elbow's....unless they are 45's, I do need (2) 4" glass 45's.
Scot
Capt. Mike Holmes

Exhaust parts

You couldn't glass a piece of 6" on the one end?

Checked my "Stash-o-Trash", found one 4" 45, might have another I could find when it stops raining, but this one is yours if you need it. Also have three 5" rubber exhaust 90's and several short pieces of 4" fiberglass pipe. I went from 4" to 5" in my repower, don't have any 6" in stock.
thereheis

test

Post by thereheis »

hello clay
well it should be painted by the middle of this coming week,had some cold days.it will be on it's way to rockport in about 2weeks for new yannies....hows your project coming???
phil
clay

Post by clay »

Phil:

Mine is stalled out, way to much work, to cold, my dog ate my plan etc. etc. How did the trailer work out? I am anxious to hear how the aircraft paint job works out. Good Luck.

Clay
scot

Post by scot »

Mike,

It's not going to stop raining.

I can use the 4" 45. If you run across another I could use it as well. I'm in no hurry AT ALL. This boat will be in the project stage for 18-24 months, So whenever it's easy for you. Let me know what I owe you for the shipping.

Thanks,
Scot
Scot
clay

Post by clay »

Capt. Mike

I have fished on the wreck, comming in was lots of fun another boat decided to see if they could make the jetty first with something like a 10 mile head start from 40 miles out they probably needed 15 miles.

Clay
Capt. Mike Holmes

"Wreck?"

I didn't know it was that fast? Mike's a great guy, we haven't had a meeting in over a year, so I haven't seen he or Glen.