Finally

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Jeff S

Finally

Post by Jeff S »

I have a 1972 25' Mark II convertible which I use on the lovely Ohio River. Yeah, unusual place for a Bertie I know. Long story as to how it ended up in Cincinati. The last several years I have had nothing but engine problems. I still had the fiberglass tank in it and believed that it was causing the problems but my mechanic ( a pretty knowledgeable guy) insisted that it was not the problem. I even sent him the link to the ethanol thread trying to convince him the cause of the problems, but he kept telling me the fiberglass tank wasn't the problem. Finally after another lost boating season last year, I told him I no longer cared about his opinion and to replace the blankety blank tank and rebuild the engines heads. I finally got it in the river and spent one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life this past weekend. She ran perfectly all weekend long. I was like a kid in a candy store. Yesterday (Sunday) we had a pretty strong up river wind and with all the cruisers out there plowing through the water, it was pretty rough (well, rough for the Ohio River but nothing like most of you guys have to deal with). The Jeneral sliced through that stuff like a warm knife through butter. Life is good once again.
Tony Meola

Re: Finally

Post by Tony Meola »

Jeff

Sounds great, best of luck now that you have her funning.

By the way, welcome to the family.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I know that feeling. When I tossed my old gassers for diesels...
Congrats! 25's are nice boats.
Steve
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Carl

Post by Carl »

Jeff
Glad you took the bull by the horn and are up and running.

When I started with my issues it was so early on everybody scuffed at the idea it could possibly be the tank.
But after fixing and repairing motor after each attempt at running, after cleaning tank multiple times I ran straight from Jerry jugs and proved to myself it was the tank.

Good feeling to use the boat with ethanol troubles behind you.

Tight lines,
Carl