I just used the the 210 on my new strataglass
I think they all recommend the 210
1968 hull # 316 - 757
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: Cleaning EZ2CY

Post by CaptPatrick »

Should be fine Russ... ez2cy is a polycarbonate, (Lexan), and I believe the 210 label says for use on Lexan. Here's a review about 210, in general, that I thought you'd be interested in:
By Steve -- This review is for: 210 Plastic Cleaner Polish 14 oz.

I have been manufacturing acrylic plastic products for over 20 years, and in that time have tried a lot of plastic cleaners. 210 Spray is by far the best cleaner out there. A very small amount goes a long way, plus it goes after tough to remove things like crayon, pen, and adhesives from tapes and stickers. It has a waxy texture to it that makes the cleaned surface shiny and attractive looking (polished), and it has anti-static properties that help considerably with newly manufactured items. It also extends time between cleanings by reducing attracted dust buildup from the air. One caveat: it does tend to smear and cause frustration if you don't know how to use it properly, and of course they don't tell you the secret on the can. What you need to do is spray a SMALL amount directly onto your clean COTTON cloth rag, then rub the wet surfaces of the rag against each other to soak it into the cloth fibers well. The rag should feel only slightly damp to the touch. THEN wipe down the acrylic, gently, with a light touch. Move to different parts of the rag and dampen them as you go. Rotate the dirtied parts of the rag out of use because dirt particles are abrasive and can scratch the acrylic. Hence the LIGHT touch with the primary cleaning pass. You should be able to cover a lot of ground fast this way, pulling off all the dust and light dirt with ease. Then you can spray a small wet spot onto your rag and go after tough spots directly. Use a dry portion of the rag to wipe off the smeared on excess after you are done with the tough spots. If dealing with stickers or tape it helps to remove the backing as much as possible by rubbing with your thumb to expose the adhesive, then spray (spritz) till wet with cleaner. This is the only case where you spray 210 directly onto the acrylic. Rub, rub, rub and keep changing parts of your rag to fresh parts so you don't start smearing adhesive (it's on your rag now) around the acrylic. Whatever you do, never use a sharp instrument to take off tape or stickers. Cellophane tape in particular (popular to hang X-Mas decorations on acrylic) has some kind of chemical reaction that bonds it to the acrylic in about a month or so. The only solution is patience, lots of elbow grease, and repeated application of 210 spray. Fortunately 'application' means a little spritz so 210 is quite economical since a can properly used will last a long, long time or clean a lot of square feet. Again it is easy to use (if you know the tricks), is very fast to use (if done properly), imparts a beautiful sheen that you don't get with other cleaners, keeps the product clean longer between cleanings, smells good, goes a long way/is economical, is safe to use, and can be used to tackle some of the tougher cleaning tasks that other cleaners won't even start to work on. In short, not just the best product I've used in 20+ years but so superior that I hate to even demean it by putting it in the same category as other plastic cleaners.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

The following cleaners are among those recommended for more extensive cleaning; in addition they leave a water repellant finish: EZ2CY® Yacht Enclosure Cleaner and Polish, AQUATECH® cleaner and protectant, and 210 cleaner/polish. Use a soft diaper or flannel cloth, one to apply and one to polish.
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

Charlie, Pat thanks. I have been using 210 for the last 10 years, on the old boat. I didn't know if it could be used on ez2cy. If I knew that it was Lexan and I could read I would have had the answer. thanks again. Just an aside finialy bloodied the decks last week ,Mahi ,sail and wahoo. Russ
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.