bubbliest

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

bubbliest

Post by randall »

caren and i went out to mother's day dinner at a waterfront restaurant around the corner. nice sunset and a view of what has to be the most bubbly bubble boat on the planet. how would you like to throw an anchor off that bow in a six foot sea? reminds me of the unfortunate soul who had to slip his in the middle of 20 bertrams at the rendezvous.

Bob H.

Re: bubbliest

Post by Bob H. »

Randall, The Colombia or Scoponich in the background saves the picture..that is one ugly bubbly boat...yuk..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Butt ugly!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Detective "What were the last words you said to your wife Mr. smith?"

Mr. Smith "Honey could you just pop up and get me the bow line, and throw me the spring while your up there".

Detective "What happened then?"

Mr. Smith "Well she started to go up the side and I never saw her again"

What a stupid boat

. Quite bubbly for sure.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
A real POS with port holes, I never got why they had to put in so many thru hulls above the water line. Take off the soft top and the bow rail and it's looking like a poor excuse for a sex toy.
Pete
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Ughhh. That is pretty bad. The funny part is you know there is a group of loyal people that have website devoted to that thing! You know they don't deploy anchors....they throw them as far as they can. All bumpers and ropes.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Euro styling at its finest.

The thing is if people didn't want it, it wouldn't be here.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

What a beauty! Generally the guy driving that boat is scarier than the boat itself. I do see now at least many of these style boats allow you to come up through the windsheld rather than navigate along the side with an ankle high rail. Never understood why someone designs rails like this accept to think that it's in a convenient spot to grab as your sliding into the water.

Being in the bay with a 4 mile trip to some beautiful beaches on Fire Island we see lots of these boats, they never go into the ocean. When they get to the beach people get up on the bow of their boat in an effort to help them from smashing into their boats as they attempt to dock and scream at the wife and kids. If they're in the shallow anchorage they throw two anchors when everyone else has one out to swing with the current. If everyone's got two anchors out they pull inbetween two boats like it's the local shopping center.

When the wind kicks up in the afternoon in the summer, they scramble to leave, get the heck beat out of them in a 1.5' bay chop as if it was hurricane conditions. Just to realize by the time they get to the mainland they can't figure out why it's so calm.

This type of boating is really an art form of the funniest kind
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

Single screw? Large sail area...must be a real chore to maneuver in even a light breeze!
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

At a loss for words about that, looks like the tire I inflated and did realize the compressor was at 125 PSI, But I agree with Bruce, they only built it because someone wants it. It is more of a floating small condo then a sea going vessel. I would sleep on it, but would never take it out of the harbor. I guess that is what it was designed for. Reminds me of the smart car, no earthly reason to be on a highway.
Scott Traenkle
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

The only thing more cumbersome would be the aft cabin version. Somebody at my dock had a high 30s or low 40s Cruisers Inc. aft cabin -- there was no way you could see the stern and the bow was laid out like this. Probably a nice waterfront condo, but I'm not taking it out to sea.

Tom
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Never mind the outside looks.. can you imagine how dingy the interior is, with only those three oval ports?
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Carl

Post by Carl »

IRGuy wrote:Never mind the outside looks.. can you imagine how dingy the interior is, with only those three oval ports?
Nah, the insides are usually quite nice with just about every amenity you can think of. AC/heat, Couch, Settee, V-birth, Bathroom, shower, Microwave, Stove, Toaster oven, sink with hot and cold water, fridge, cabinets, lighting and possibly an aft cabin. One person can go down and walk around...two people and you have a traffic jam, but doable...three and you need to make arrangements on who goes where as there will be no easy passing...four people and now your super cozy where everyone is in the other persons face with knees knocking.

They have a place...on a lake or at the dock....although a bud has something similar and goes out in some sloppy seas. I have little idea how or if he anchors.
randall

Post by randall »

caren says i missed a good chance. i should have said it was my new boat.