CHRISTMAS PIX OF SUPERMEX

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bertramsupermex

CHRISTMAS PIX OF SUPERMEX

Post by bertramsupermex »

Enjoy faithfulImageImageImage

Proud owner of a 1967 B31 Sportsfisherman.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

very cool
John F.

Post by John F. »

Lookin' really good Roland.

john F.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Looking Good! Walter
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Roland,

Your patience has surely paid off, because SuperMex is absolutely stunning. Keep us posted on the progres, and congratulations.

Tommy
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Awsome... on track for a spring launch?
Wayne
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Looks Great Roland

I know you can't wait ti'll she done

Frank
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

WOW!! That is awesome Roland!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Commander, you are doing good. Tell us about that detail on the trailing edge of the side windows, I like that..... I assume that tall mast is on a blow boat on the other side of yours and not a new fuel saving device....

Like all the Faithful, I thank you for your service to protect our country.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Looks like the engine exhaust thru the side of the hull just ahead of the transom..........???

Although I have never seen this on a Bertram 31 I hear that it helps get the exhaust fumes away from the boat at slow speeds..............

Anyone know about the side exhaust?????

Harry Babb
hb
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Hey that looks like a rumble seat up there on the bridge.
Your gonna like that
Wayne
ScottD

Supermex

Post by ScottD »

You guys are right about Supermex, it looks great, and the interior is nicer than the exterior, just not completed yet. Vic, that is the air intake aft of the side window, pretty trick. The top is also the nicest I have seen, and want to get the same for mine. The side exhaust is the third one I have seen Carl (Elite Marine) do, two 4" and one 5", it looks like a lot of work, but maybe worth it, I'll wait for Rolands test runs and try to tag along and find out. I have been watching the Supermex refit from day one (Elite Marine is across Salt Creek form my work) and its top of the line all the way. It's taking a long time, but a lot of that is due to Rolands being out of the country so Carl has kinda worked past Supermex on other projects.

ScottD
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

UV, it's the tower. The one in the front is a copy of Ric's pulpit. Roland wanted the tallest tower and longet pulpit, for sticking swords at night
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Roland...

I am not sure which is the most important thing to say first, so I will say what I think is most important to you right now...

1 - Supermex is BEAUTIFUL! But you know that, and you should be proud! Congratulations!

2 - The way of life we all enjoy here is dependant on people like yourself who defend our way of life around the world.
I don't care if it is from a desk in the Pentagon or the seat of a Humvee in Iraq.. each and every individual who serves
their country is a bright point of light in an occasionally dark world.

Thank you for your service to our country, and a special thanks to your family who also sacrifice in their own way so
you can do what you do. The US wouldn't be the US we know and love without all of you!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Harry Babb...

Quite a few of the B-33s (I am not sure, but I believe them to be mostly original diesel boats) have what Bertram called the "VelociJet" exhaust, as does my '83 FBC.. where the transom exhausts raw water and the vents on the hull side exhaust mostly the exhaust gasses. As said above.. this is supposed to reduce the "station wagon" effect where the vacuum created by the vertical transom sucks exhaust gasses up and into the cockpit. If you look at some of the boat pics on the B-33 site you will see some boats with a thing that looks like a "mail slot" just fwd of the transom, about 18" below the rub rail. A relatively small abount of soot collects on the hull sides aft of these, but the transom stays clean.

I have learned to be careful, because at the dock if you are idling the engines and give them a quick burst of fuel.. you will direct about 20 gallons of raw water out these slots, and across the float next to the hull! A good way to keep tourists away, but don't tie your dinghy alongside!
Frank B
--------------
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Zowie, Roland, She's as yellow as mine is orange. Gorgeous. Love to see pix of the interior, even if not finished. When do you splash? Want to hear the side exhaust results. Thought about this for Dreamsicle and have been dissuaded. The real skinny will do it.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
bertramsupermex

supermex pix

FAITHFUL, thanx to all for the kind words. Plan is to splash her in Apr/May timeframe. As Scott as already mentioned, interior is still in the rough but post pix soon. UV to side are the air intakes according to Carl work extremely well. Wayne, that is a buggy seat you see topside. Nice to hang out without having to crowd the actual cockpit. I am very proud of SUPERMEX and truly blessed to have find such a professional as Carl of Elite Marine. As a result of my military duties, Carl has been so accomodating with adjusting the project schedule. But we met for Christmas and April/May will be the completion time. Can't wait. Tommy, you still the 2nd Mate seat on the run up from Florida to Virginia. Take care. r/ Roland
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Roland,

I consider it my patriotic duty to assist our favorite serviceman in this endeavor. Standing by.....

Tommy
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Roland...

When you make the trip north, remember that I am in Wilmington, NC, right on the ICW.. one mile north of the Snow's Cut Bridge. If you want to stop in for a meal, parts, need a car, get someone to the airport, do laundry, take a shower, or whatever, let me know. I might be able to find a loaner slip as well.

The same goes for all the faithful.
Frank B
--------------
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

down right beautiful,i wish you could take a close up of the rear window air intake.that is quite a nice feature i never seen done before.phoenix boats has a intake on the inside of pillar and blackfin on the top outside of the pillar but this looks better than all the rest. commander you have served our country well time to come back and enjoy that 31bert.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Sweet looking Ride And that's from a HATT Guy!!!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Roland,

Looking real good & I know you'll be happy to get her back into the water. Thanks for being one of our defenders!

You going to try and make the Alantic City Rendezvous this year? I know that all the guys ther would love to meet you in person and get a tour of "Super Mex".

Br,

Patrick
bertramsupermex

CAPT PAT, I am going to try my best to get up to AC. I have been following this wonderful site now for 3 years and I feel like I personally know all of the FAITHFUL. Although I have never met any of the FAITHFUL, I sincererely look forward to the day I can meet these incredible Americans known as the the B31 FAITHFUL(.....including THUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDD). We are, after all, the last of the MOHICANS and should be very proud of the great B31s we own. I only hope that SUPERMEX represents in a very small way, the integrity, loyalty, and dedication of the FAITHFUL. Keep safe. r/ Roland
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

damm Roland, that means I'll have to make it down the den of iniquity, whatever happens is on you
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Roland, SUPERMEX will be one of the finest, CONGRATS!!!! I can see the end of the project is near and that must be exciting for you. Should you find yourself up Baltimore/Annapolis way give me a shout.

As for Atlantic City,

Roland & Timmy, you get there and we'll take care of the rest.... If you behave (Timmy) you can get a sopt on a boat, if not (Timmy) you can get a spot on the dock.... I may be looking for passenger's crew this year. As I may take the boat and the wife bring the kids by car, haven't really decided yet. For me it's about a 9.5 hr trip with an hour layover in Cape May for fuel & food. Last year Crowsnest ran into some hard times and we put the crew up in our B35, no problem. I'm sure other's would pitch in if needed.

br,
JohnD
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

John, timmmmmmmmmmmmayyyyyy and behave in the same sentance?? You been around here longer than that. Thanks for the offer. Doesn't Dougs crew usually end up on the dock??
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Roland the boat looks awesome I would love to know more about the air intakes built into the pillars. My engines pull air from the companionway between the engine boxes and its really noisy.

Timmy- that dog don't hunt. My boat has been to Montauk, and A/C every year but last. And has been in mutliple tournaments since I have known you. Yours has been tied up in the Merrimack River at the dock or on the hard the entire time. And now look at her! Trying to make presidents day weekend work for coming to Ma. Ex wife is skiing in Austria and I need to switch kids weekends with her upon her return- will let you know.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Doesn't Dougs crew usually end up on the dock??
Timmy,
My dad and I crewed with Doug in Cape May last year and none of us ended up on the dock that weekend. I think that only happens at a rendezvous.
Harv
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

doug, I was talking about your boy that was passed out on teh dock at a/c for like the whole time I was there. wrapped up in blankeys getting kicked around by whatever loud mouthed female companion you brought that time.
Whatever works for you up here. You make the arraingments and I'll pick the stuff up so you have onne less stop.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

I posted that from mikes house.
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

LOL> I'm actually dating a soft spoken woman these days. But hey, Montauk is 7 mos away might have another sea hag by then. Mike I will be in Montauk but not sure about running the boat up so I may have to shack up somewhere.

The guy who was asleep on the dock directly in the path of my bilge discharge & who was using a spare anchor rode as a pillow was a guy Capt Charlie Haws introduced me to named Gary. I think Charlie and I have both "had our fill" of the guy. I thought Charlie was going to use him for bait in the S.Jersey Shark tourney two years ago (litteraly).