winter projects

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

winter projects

Post by bob lico »

snow all over now is the time to try to get this exhaust into car. going be a tight squeeze1

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Re: winter projects

Post by bob lico »

this is the before i will post after (if i succeed)

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
my other east

Post by my other east »

beautiful set up Bob, and they will look great when you're done.
an old buddy of mine had the same in his 69', the only issue was for the not so aware individuals getting in and out of the car.
the sweet smell (and later screaming) of burnt and bubble blistered ankles.
Eric Vincent
1974 31 FBC hull # 315-1442
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Keeps the bitches out of the car ! Next will be the roller cam,performer manifold,high flow aluminum heads,roller chain,roller rockers. Every Sunday a bunch of muscle cars show up early in the morning to get bagels. Great feeling going thru gears Sunday morning after getting "hammer" all week.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

I'm not a Chebbie guy, but I love the look of the shark with side pipes!

Seems like you might be approaching this backwards. If you are going to replace the cam/heads/intake, why not pull the engine now and pre-fit the pipes before dropping the engine? Pulling the engine is a lot easier than trying to snake a 6 foot long gang of pipes between the valve covers and steering gear and over the cross member.
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Cam25 at one time in my former life I was known as " corvette bob" I have quite a bit of experience with them. I sold the "garage queen" 1967 big block coupe and wanted a bumper corvette I could drive at a moment notice . 1968 to 1972 you can put a real set of wheels under the car and they have all modern confort /driviability but still have the nostalgia .i will raise the car high and slide the headers from underneath.thos car has power steering but I feeli can get the job done.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
my other east

Post by my other east »

i know what you mean about going thru gears and turning heads. :)
i use to have an old a-body 67' cuda that we shoved a 500hp+ 440 in and had a blast with it.
sold it to a buddy, and when the B31 gets completed, i'll get back to finishing my 69' convertible cuda.
Please keep us posted!!
Eric Vincent
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Convertible cuda. A real muscle car beautiful example of the good old days .i look at myself in the mirror and remind myself " how many good days do I have at 66 years old no male in immediate family beat cancer .dad was gone at 67 I have a buckets list and this is on it.someday I would love to hook up with a sailfish and fly rod.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

done ;sounds real nice

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
my other east

Post by my other east »

Sweet............. now all you have to do is let it idle for a while and all that snow will melt away.
Beautiful job.
Eric Vincent
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

bob lico wrote:Convertible cuda. A real muscle car beautiful example of the good old days .i look at myself in the mirror and remind myself " how many good days do I have at 66 years old no male in immediate family beat cancer .dad was gone at 67 I have a buckets list and this is on it.someday I would love to hook up with a sailfish and fly rod.
Bob

Remember one thing, Mickey Mantle thought the same thing. Lived teh wild life. Probably could have been the greatest to ever play the game if he behaved. So plan on hanging around for a while and keep feeding us all of the great tips. You need to keep us young (62) guys honest.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Tony your the best and you don't need me for "tips" judging from the looks of that beauty you built.i keep reminding myself I could break this cancer curse we have on this family.have not been to a fast food joint in 20 years,quit smoking,drinking except red wine.no. Jumping out of planes at 20,000 feet (halo jump). No motorcycle ,wife is crazy trying to keep me alive along with total physical every six months to find cancer as soon as that gene we are born with starts to get ornery .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

There's nothing quite like a beautiful convertible sports car with the top down on a sunny day with snow in the background! Thanks Bob!
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Bob, That is one sweet ride...you only get one shot at this life..cancer or not..I lost my Uncle at 62, my cousin at 39..live each day as you see fit, if that means building a sweet vet to chase down bagels, or a 31 to run to the edge just do it..because you can. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Bob:

We need an audio of those pipes.......and I'll bite: how fast she goes now?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Hueso due to the fact there may be a couple of pack down snow spots on the road the sheriff figure not a good time.this is not a event you would announce to the public this is a public road.i found the problem with the car on the last run .she was moving side to side at 120 plus mph.the sway bar bushings were totally shot. I change entire suspension to polyurethane bushings both front and rear also went to a 7/8" sway bar in rear.i wanted to clarify something every adventure you do there will be a certain amount of fear in the pit of your stomach. When you exceed 100 mph in a offshore boat you concentrate on what is 100 yards and beyond anything less it is too late to react. Everything is happening so fast you get in a grove but you are still scare every damm minute however a halo jump at 20,000 feet and higher with oxygen, you are above clouds and nothing to measure the feeling of falling until the ground starts to come up real fast at 5000 ' and the wrist altimeter is glued to your eyeballs .you really feel nothing till you pull that D ring . I can honestly say you are not scared till you hit the ground.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

bob lico wrote:Hueso due to the fact there may be a couple of pack down snow spots on the road the sheriff figure not a good time.this is not a event you would announce to the public this is a public road.i found the problem with the car on the last run .she was moving side to side at 120 plus mph.the sway bar bushings were totally shot. I change entire suspension to polyurethane bushings both front and rear also went to a 7/8" sway bar in rear.i wanted to clarify something every adventure you do there will be a certain amount of fear in the pit of your stomach. When you exceed 100 mph in a offshore boat you concentrate on what is 100 yards and beyond anything less it is too late to react. Everything is happening so fast you get in a grove but you are still scare every damm minute however a halo jump at 20,000 feet and higher with oxygen, you are above clouds and nothing to measure the feeling of falling until the ground starts to come up real fast at 5000 ' and the wrist altimeter is glued to your eyeballs .you really feel nothing till you pull that D ring . I can honestly say you are not scared till you hit the ground.

butt how fast does it go
1968 hull # 316 - 757
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Charlie I took for a ride when I first purchase it from Ohio corvette museum and had to let off at a little over 120 mph because the rear was swaying side to side. Easy speed to figure you hold car on standard spaced white line in road. Center the car on line and when dotted line becomes solid your at 120mph or so at 155 mph as far as your human eye can see down the road you are there so if a cow walk out on the road you would be dead before you could react.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

My 91 Corvette was electronically limited to 155 mph.

Guess how I know that.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Mike you of all the people I know,after being misdiagnose with cancer must of had one hell of a "Bucket's list" after the scare wore off.thank God they errored brother.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Gert van Leest

Post by Gert van Leest »

Bob , you've got a very nice snow plow there !!!

I would love to use it some time !

The sound must be great....

Gert
Women are like boats ,the older they get , the more money and professional help they need to look beautiful.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Gert cross the big pond and I will give you the keys.sidepipes are the sound of music to gear heads like myself.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
John F.

Post by John F. »

bob lico wrote:sidepipes are the sound of music to gear heads like myself.
Wait until you have that cam lope from the roller. Oh, how I miss that sound. Nice ride Bob
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

John great to know I have a fellow gear head as a Bertram brother.during the summer they have a unofficial car meet in oakdale same town I dock the boat , so every Thursday I past the shopping center and see 1000 Guys standing around with there cars like I said nothing official just guys getting together. Well I decide to take the "garage queen" out for a ride on a bright warm day. I am on my way there and a 33 Willis coupe pulls up along side of me like old days,well here i am 1967 corvette coupe, tri power ,400 plus hp ( all internal tricks ) big block 3.70 rear ,4 speed rolling in 1st gear .igive him the sigh to go------ BAM he blows my doors off !,,, never seen anything like it ,we'll he pulls into meet and I look at car . 557" Keith black all aluminum 10-71 blower and nitrous like 1500 hp on the street guy is better then 75 years old!!!!!! Car does 0 to 60 on 2.5 seconds!! I walk away talking to myself man on man never say never. Learn a lesson (live life to the fullest ) don't leave you dreams undone because of commitments .john others think sidepipes and rollar cams are foolish you got to do what ever makes you happy.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Side pipes.
How long till someone rests their hand on the hot pipe getting out of the car?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Possibly if you were dress out at 300 pounds but for the normal guy whom can open drivers door swing left leg out and support weight on one leg as you get out of car and then stand up no problem sort of like sticking you leg out to support yourself and bike before dropping kick stand, if you throw a ball like the guy on the tv. Commercial then it is a problem.they make a roll out space mat that sits on side of seat and rolls out when you open door for your old lady on passenger side, or you could resort to fiberglass cover guard over side pipe sometimes painted to match car.bruce I will photo this Keith black killer in purple metal flake Willys for you in the summer------ awesome !
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

I remember when I was about12 or 13 years old, coming back with a friend on our bikes from fishing up at a lake. We come across a fuel injected corvette. (remember early to mid 60's) First one I ever heard. Never forget the sound. I always think about that one. I can even remember the color of the vette, blue.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315