looking for a mini bike running or not

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

daydreams

looking for a mini bike running or not

Post by daydreams »

Hi guys, I guess this is off topic but, I'm looking for an old style mini bike for my youngest son [12 years old] not running is fine it would be good for him to fix it. I'm in Long Island NY. Thanks.
what good is a boat if you cant spend all your money and time you dont have working on it.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Find one of those old Honda 50cc dirt bikes with the folding handlebars. I traded a divorce case for one about 35 years ago and had a huge amount of fun on it. Would do maybe 20 mph but would downshift and climb a 60 degree dirt pile. Two happiest days of my life were 30 something years ago when I did my last divorce case and about 12 years ago when I sold my lawnmower.......

UV
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

Vicroy, Thanks I will also look into the honda 50cc's. I can only imagine the scene being a divorce attorney, however I quit smoking 18 years ago. To keep from going back I traded my lawn mower for a gardener. Possibly the best decision I ever made.
what good is a boat if you cant spend all your money and time you dont have working on it.
randall

Post by randall »

lawn?
clay

Post by clay »

Not A Mini Bike HONDA 50 Item number: 200064494280

Here is a fixer upper on E-Bay and it may be close enough to warrant watching.

Clay[/quote]
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

Hi Clay, Thanks. I have a hard time finding anything on ebay. Could you give me any step by step directions. When I see my kids I will see if they can help. Thanks in advance Gary.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

I have a hard time finding anything on ebay
Just cut & paste Clay's 200064494280 number into the ebay search box, (upper right hand corner of their home page)....

Br,

Patrick
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

Thanks Capt Patrik I will try it tonight.
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

Capt Patrick, Thanks. it was so easy it was embarassing. I even posted a wanted add.

Clay, thanks for the look out. I think with my bertram all over the driveway this bike might require a little to much work and possibly hard to find parts. I hope im not sorry later. Please let me know if you see any others. Thanks.
daydreams

Post by daydreams »

Thanks for the imput, I saw a few kids running a mini bike, I bought it. I paid to much but the money went to kids [hope they enjoy it]. We just orderd many internet parts to repair it, looking forward to the project with my son. Thanks again gary