Motor Flush System GPM ?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Keith Poe

Motor Flush System GPM ?

Post by Keith Poe »

Looks like i can run at idle on a standard water hose can anyone tell me the GPM requirement with out me reinventing the wheel.

Guess i could plumb in two inlets per motor ?

http://youtu.be/uarFvV2IghQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
Harry Babb

Re: Motor Flush System GPM ?

Post by Harry Babb »

Don't quote me......but......I think I remember that the 6 cylinder engines pump about 20 Gallons Per Minute.....and the suction hose is 2" dia.

From the looks on the video that you linked to in your post the 4 cylinder suction hose looks to be 1-1/2" dia.

In the video......if the guy would have repositioned his bucket so that he could catch the exhaust water....his run time could have been much longer.

Notice the hose connected to the thru hull fitting.......its also connected to a tube welded near the bottom of a 55 gallon drum

The engine can be ran for more than an hour on a 55 gallon drum without effecting the engine tempt

hb
hb
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Harry Babb wrote:Don't quote me......but......I think I remember that the 6 cylinder engines pump about 20 Gallons Per Minute.....and the suction hose is 2" dia.

From the looks on the video that you linked to in your post the 4 cylinder suction hose looks to be 1-1/2" dia.

In the video......if the guy would have repositioned his bucket so that he could catch the exhaust water....his run time could have been much longer.

Notice the hose connected to the thru hull fitting.......its also connected to a tube welded near the bottom of a 55 gallon drum

The engine can be ran for more than an hour on a 55 gallon drum without effecting the engine tempt

hb

Great information Harry thank you.

I installed a recovery system at a marine shop years ago with drains built in the driveway that pumped in to a recovery tank.

I ran my water spicket in a 5 gallon bucket it filled in 20 seconds so i'm thinking about plumbing in a T system to run one motor at a time with two 3/4" wash down hoses with no recovery at this point till i buy another home just a renter at this point and not much room with close neighbors i have to keep it some what low key.

The inlets hose is 1.5" like you said and 2, 3/4 " = 1.5" so 30 GPM should be fine.

Thank you again Sir"
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
Goober

h System GPM ?

Post by Goober »

30 gals min is way to much 1 , 3/4 hose is plenty 1 1/2x3/4 tee worked fine on my 4 cyl yanmars Do not plumb check valve in intake line it will fail use a 1/4 turn ball valve
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »