Long Island

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

martinciarpella

Long Island

Post by martinciarpella »

There's a good chance my brother and I will be on the west side of the island, doing some construction work...would love to run into Bob lico or some other local bertram brother....sounds like we leave this Monday and stay all week...
bob lico

Re: Long Island

Post by bob lico »

I was in northern Maine on bear hunt.just got home by way of. Cross sound ferry.pm me
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Bob: How did you fare?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Well Rawleigh the truth is you have to have a death wish to go into the allagash wilderness .no roads or signs ,you sign in and your on your own .loggingtrails go every such way with skidders trenches that are overgrown easily break a leg .moose all over the place and they are increasing due to mild winters.wolves,coyote, mountain lions,and big bears one was taken out on Saturday (resident opening day) a 600 pounder. Broke my heart to leave after all the advance planning ,driving.women can do these kind of things to you. I guess you know by now.!,,, put away the 35 Whelen and pick up a leaf rake to remove hurricane trash,leafs. Boat is on the hard ,kayak floated away spirt is down in the dump .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
martinciarpella

Bob, I tried ti pm you, couldn't do it on my phone,so I email you.
martinciarpella

We're in redhook, working at the docks in the vane brothers warehouse/ offices.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Bob: I canoed the Allagach twice when I was in high school. Amazing place. It was nice to be able to dip a cup over the side of the canoe and have a nice cold drink! There was still ice at the waterfall one year in June! At least this time of year you don't have the black fly problem. Sorry your trip got cut short in such a rude fashion. Good luck!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

thanks Rawleigh not to many people are aware of this wilderness .far more remote then yellowstone national park and of course you cannot hunt there anyway. outside the northern edge of yellowstone park is a place called Sundance WY. my friend lives in the area so i put in for non resident deer tag and received it this year, if the world does not collapse i like to make that trip this season.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473