trailer bunk dimensions for Bertram 20

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jacksboat

trailer bunk dimensions for Bertram 20

Post by jacksboat »

I have an old Bertram 20', Volvo 350V8 I.O. hardtop that our family uses regularly as a people transporter/truck/fish boat etc...a hardworking tough old boat. It gets used on a regular year round basis in all sorts of weather on the West coast (B.C.) . We pull it out for maintenance 3 or 4 times a year (and occasionally more often when we damage a prop on a piece of drift wood).
It is moored at a dock a dock a couple of hours drive from us.
I have been rebuilding a "new to me" bunk equipped trailer to tow it with. I have got all the running gear in A1 condition and now I need to make up bunks on it fit the Bertram 20 hull.
I can't use my old trailer as a pattern for that as it had tilting roller arms on it that moved and fit to the hull as the boat was winched on to it.
Are there plans available or measurements for the bunk angles, heights (from keel rollers) and distances between bunks, length of bunks and whatever else would help me?
I am making the bunks and supports myself and it would save me a lot of extra effort and fitting if I could have the trailer put together to properly fit our old boat when I go up to tow it back home. It will be awkward to try to adjust the trailer where we launch because of lack of services and equipment.
Thanks for information or suggestions.
Jack
Keith Poe

Re: trailer bunk dimensions for Bertram 20

Post by Keith Poe »

Call Alex he will help you (818) 780-1594

http://www.abtrailers.com/index2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can tell you a bunch of things but i would talk to the guys that do it for a living.

If you don't talk to Alex one important thing to keep in mind is aliening the bunks with the stringers inside.

Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
jacksboat

Post by jacksboat »

Thanks Keith for the info. I will follow it up. I was hoping that there would be a nice simple diagram showing the layout but that is probably wishful thinking.
Jack
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Where are you Jack? I have a 20 on a purpose built trailer in Richmond, BC. You are welcome to come take any dimensions you want or email me a sketch with the dimensions you need to have filled in and I will go measure it for you. My trailer is well set up, I have towed it to Ontario and back twice with no damage, no problems, so I suppose it is okay. my email is rod at urbanimpact dot com.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

You might find some use of these two diagrams to reconfigure dimensions for the B20...
http://bertram31.com/specs/dimensions_aft.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://bertram31.com/specs/top.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe