Steyr show on Wed at the shop

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Steyr show on Wed at the shop

Post by Bruce »

Hey kids Sid the Steyr rep is commin by the shop Wed to do a demo on running the engine without water plus we're gonna demo test some new software.
Seems a bunch of folks don't believe its true.

If your in the area and want to see what a marine diesel engine looks like that doesn't need sea water to run and play with some software, Sid would like you to come on by.

Don't know what time on Wed, Sid's supposed to call.
My number is 561-622-1736 if ya wanna check on the time.

BTW Pat, Nextgen 3.5 is in and wired, plumbed and the port engine went in today for the last time.
Hope to put the stb in Wed or Thurs.
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Is this like Charlies thing?? Mike and I can xpect airline tickets in the mail
? What hotel is Steyr putting us up at?
Last edited by thuddddddd on Dec 18th, '06, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I went to the demo on friday. Ran the 256 for 30-40 minutes with no raw water. It may have got up to 150-160 when reving but they just do not get hot. Of course, I already new that becuase one of mine did not have an impeller and for the life of me could not figure out why no water came out the back yet never even got warm. (the impeller was borowed out of mine from the showroom floor) Talk about efficient cooling system.

The software for these things is great. Sid and I changed my idle speed setting with about 4 clicks of the mouse. We calibrated the tachs too! Finally engine management that makes sense. "So easy a caveman could do it."

Turns out I am about 120 rpm shy on one motor and 200 shy on the other motor. That is very lightly loaded with 17x15 props. I think I will need as much as 400 rpm increase on the low motor when fully loaded. Way over proped as is. If there are any prop experts here I am all ears. I hate buying props and hate taking them off even more so I would like to get the correct set up the first time.