28' Project Boat in Indiantown Marina west of Stuart

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

28' Project Boat in Indiantown Marina west of Stuart

Post by Pete Fallon »

Guy's
There is a 28' FBC on the hard at Indiantown Marina west of Stuart, where I keep my 31. This has been sitting for at least 7 years, both engines 5.7 L Bluewater Merc are frozen up, hull and glass are all in fair condition, all the hardware and running gear is still there. Needs alot of TLC but looking for 5K more than likely take 3K. Blisters on botton, section of rub rail has popped at starboard bow. Good restoration project if you like Hyena boats.
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Face

Post by Face »

Dime a dozen. I just sold my diesel motors from my B28 project. I would sell the partially restored hull with numerous upgrades for a a much better deal than the aforementioned, my opinion. $15k in prep/paint, custom pulpit, vinyl/stainless rubrail, strut pads rebuilt, ruddershelves rebuilt, new smoke windshield, new seacocks, bilge pumps, old wiring removed, new head, on and on. Any project would cost you more than its "worth". The economy blows, most people are out of play money, can't afford to use the toys they own already.

A turnkey boat is where its at. Lots of projects available if you want to spend money. If anyone is interested there is a complete, well-wired B28 with twin fuel-injected 350's, aluminum tank, etc available in southern Maryland for less than 5K. I have no financial interest in it. Pm me if interested.
-Joe
B.W. Outrage 18
Restoring B28 w/ Cummins 4BT 150's
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I could use a 350.....

Anyone need the other one?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
bertram 20

Post by bertram 20 »

How many hours on the 350s..?
Face

Post by Face »

I forwarded contact info to someone on this board that requested it. I know one of the 350's was brand new, not sure about the other. The boat was sitting at a yard with a clean title/mechanics lien. I called the owner but haven't reached him yet.
B.W. Outrage 18
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Mike:

What are you needing the 350 for? I know it isn't Predator!

Tom
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

My 20' Baron.

I need a 350......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

There is one on Craigslist not too far from my home -- of course I never believe the description, but if you are interested, I'd be happy to stop and look.

That Baron is pretty -- bet it will go like hell with this motor in it -- 50kt topend?

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bod/2820110946.html
Face

Post by Face »

Boat was still available as of yesterday. Sounds like it needs batteries and to be started after sitting. Motors are free. Contact info available to anyone interested via PM.
-Joe
B.W. Outrage 18