The "Faithful"

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

The "Faithful"

Post by Brewster Minton »

Whaler came out to my house and shrink wrapped my flats boat today for the cost of the wrap. He drove far and took his own time to do me strait. Only from this site could you be so lucky to meet such great humans. Thank you John. And Capt Patrick for making this great place.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Brew- I don't know what they charge for shrink wrapping where you are, but I just got an estimate for my B-20 of $16.50 a foot. You're right. What a site! What a bunch of friends we would have never met if it wasn't for Patrick.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

We keep hearing stories like this over and over.

I am proud to be associated with such a great group of gentlemen.

hb
hb
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

I start to tell stories regarding this group and as soon as it comes out of my mouth I have to pause for a number of reasons. My favorite response is, "So you never met this guy?" "He did what?"

Now this is the upper midwest and we invented the "Give a guy the shirt off your back" but with very few of the associated faithful up this neck of the woods I am sort of in my own world up here regarding this group and the B25 group as well. I just smile when I think about about it.

Technical information, parts, advise, humor, friendship and the biggest one, support.

As you were.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Can't tell you guys how many times I've posted a question here and behind the scenes one of the guys called me within minutes and said let me give you the long version or when can I meet you down at the boat.

Capt Patrick leads by example, it's a wonderful place.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Bunch o' holiday season sissies.

Where's all the bad-ass attitude?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mean Mike, I got your attitude right here swinging. Merry Christmas, Grinch and a Happy Chanukah! Love you, mean it.

No way I could have successfully restored and continue to maintain Dreamsicle without all of you, even Mean Mike.

My Christmas wish is that UV and the gang can really pull off a return to Port Eades for another UVI. Let's ask for it and see if Santa can perform another miracle.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

And to you Mike O

"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"
"May an elephant caress you with his toes"
"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"

And may you have a Happy Hanukkah....my friend

Now......don't make me have to break out my attitude.....so far I am doing pretty good.....but that is subject to change with little or no influence...LOL

hb
hb
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

Walter K wrote:Brew- I don't know what they charge for shrink wrapping where you are, but I just got an estimate for my B-20 of $16.50 a foot. You're right. What a site! What a bunch of friends we would have never met if it wasn't for Patrick.
even the large marinas dont have the balls to charge that around here, mobile wrap guy would be lucky to get $10 a foot, even small yard lucky to get $10 a foot
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

That's funny shit Mike I never saw it coming.........................
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Yeah, I'm just full of surprises.

Wow, 5:00 PM already.

Got to head home and kick the dog.......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Any time Brew!
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

we should pay tribute to capt. patrick and our fellow brothers whom have guided us in our never ending building ventures with our beloved 31 bertram. i always relied on robbie at raybo marine the paint/fiberglass guru for getting me out of painting jams. he stops what he is doing to teach me the right thing. i have just remove my boat from the water for winter storage and wash the boat . i only wash the hull sides 3 times a year with soap and the boat has never been wax . robbie painted the hull sides and i repainted top side (not because i wanted to) but if anybody is thinking about a first class paint job on a 31 bertram raybo is the place. paint is 5 years old.

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

mike ohlstein wrote:Bunch o' holiday season sissies.

Where's all the bad-ass attitude?
here I am Mike
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin

Post by mike ohlstein »

Damn Doug. I was worried that you had vanished into the ether....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Brewster.. that doesn't surprise me!

When I was a kid growing up on a dirt road in the country nobody we knew had much money.. indeed some hardscrabble farmers barely broke even after their monthly bills were paid to the co-op. We were a little better off because my stepfather had a job, but after our groceries and my parent's booze were paid for we were all in the same boat. Nobody locked their doors.. if you had gone to town and a neighbor came to your house to borrow something he needed but your door was locked he couldn't get it, and that could cause him problems. Without ever talking about it we developed a real concern for each other, and a mutual respect developed between us all. We build houses and barns together. We repaired cars and farm machinery together, and we loaned each other money if someone was in a jam. And we grieved together when someone lost a loved one or had an accident.

In short.. we all realized that mutual respect and dependance went hand in hand. In today's society that mutual respect and appreciation is pretty much gone.

In a way I find that here though.. we each are all different but we also realize that we share a strong common bond. We love our boats, we love the water, and we respect each other. It doesn't get much better than that in my estimation.

And finally, I believe in the old saying.. "What goes around, comes around".. you get out of a relationship what you put into it.

As I get older I think about these things more.. please indulge me. For some reason as I get older I think it is important to say these things.

Thank you Captain Patrick for making this all possible!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!