Photos of Bob Lico's B31

Post by Whaler1777 »

almost there!

REAL 6" mufflers

Flat out Amazing work Bob...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Congratulations Bob! Looking good! All that hard work is coming together beautifully. Walter
scot

Post by scot »

Inspiring, very nice. Good things come to those who work, spend, work and spend some more.

The boats coming out really well.

Scot
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

excelent work bob, looking forward to seeing it in person at montauk
JGomber

Post by JGomber »

Bob,
You gotta be proud of the effort!
I just got two new ideas just looking at these photos.
Ths finish line is in sight.
Jerry, Triton II
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Great job, pride of ownership really shines! Are those twinScan gauges? It looks like there are twinScan for temp and pres and voltage. I did not know that they made those, where did you get them?
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Wow, Bob! Some great job. You'll be out to the canyon in no time with those 330 hp engines. They are 330's right ? Wait 'til Captain Anthony @ White Water sees this !
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

yes there are 2006 cummins 330.i had them on the engine dyno and change some parameters.the only number of old is the fluid damper so when you refer to cummins this is a whole new puppy all good except now the aftercooler will last a hundred years BUT there is a condensation drain and you have to tie it in possibly with your hatch drains then overboard.a few brothers have ask to see the 6" mufflers mounted on the outside creating a huge fish box well here it is.at 3000 rpm you could put a glass of water on the valve cover!.notice the silicon to the muffler and from the wet exhaust to the stailess elbows.absolutly no vibration.the mounting cap over the stringers are from a f-14 tomcat they are braced left to right as well as front to back with titanium alloy that is also tie into the bulkhead both front and rear bulkhead.the steering is differant from the norm.i mounted a 11/2" 316 stainless bar stock in the engine lathe and put a internal left thead on one end and a right thead on the other than ball berring ends which in turn goes to a stainless arm . move the wheel under way with pinky!!!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

yes they are all twin scan gauges from freeport marine.the best part is they have back lights like any other gauge then seperate (each engine) red led lights on the needle indicator they blink in red to indicate any trouble.the adjustments are under the gauge to set both high and low limits for oil pressure,water temp, voltage, and tran. pressure.the tachs do all kinds of tricks after you give it a nema input of the gps. in the future i will post the trick auto pliot which allows me to steer the boat as well as a auto start for the engines.comes in handy when in the cockpit and a mako or giant tuna hits you don`t have much time before you spool.i used a simrad 27 for the remote.