updated progress pictures

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

spencer

updated progress pictures

Post by spencer »

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k51 ... ?start=all

hope this works updated pictures of consolen (Capt Patrick part) and foredeck reinforcment with coosa, between engine boxes, and deck fit (cabrerra)

Spencer
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

lots of hard work there. i have never seen a entirely coosa board windshield so i have to ask did you use 1/4" stock laminated to make the sharp bend on both sides of windshield or another method. B.T.W. dashboard out of coosa looks like a great layout with 12" recess displays on each side and gauges in pod.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
spencer

Post by spencer »

coosa is under only the deck areas of the windshield/bow area, gunnel etc. the actual windshield was made on the boat with a one off mold with divencycell foam two layers 1/2 followed by 1708 biax on the inside and outside, the curves were made on the windshield with the divencycell that is precut and attached to a membrane
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Spencer that is a lot of work, looks great.

There is a drop out box under the pod, is that going to hold electronics or be a foot rest? Looks to me that it will hold gauges or electronics like zero cavity but also with the box glassed in as a seat base it seems it would interfere with leg room. Maybe I'm not understanding what I'm looking at.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
spencer

Post by spencer »

Pete

the pull out is by cabrerra on the flybridge,
the center pull out is designed to fit between my legs
while sitting on the glassed in seat box

As to what to put in it, dont know yet,

I did have them design insulation in the fiberglass seat platform for a place to put ice and beer :)
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

While I don't drink on the boat I still love the premise. Not sure where the safety gear and electronics will go but I'll be damned if I can't get a cold beer while up on the bridge.

Is that a cebrera v birth kit as well? Can you tell me the cost or pm if you don't want to post it publicly. Did it drop right in?
spencer

Post by spencer »

Peter,

The vberth is nice , Ill try to get pictures with the hatches on. When it was installed, I wanted the step down into the vberth eliminated, so in my instance his part needed to be raised and extended on the sides to fill in the void from raising it up.

I do not think any of the parts that are made for 31's are plug and play, but on the vberth the design it allowed for trimming of the part, followed by fiberglassing, leaving a nice seam.
His work is very nice and I would highly recommend him. He might be more willing do give you a deal at this time as he has been very slow with the economy.

Marlin made his vberth out of coosa and it came out real nice, but if your paying someone to do this I could see the cost being more than cabrerras,
His comes fully finished inside and out

I recently put in an order for a fuel tank whick he produces , and also a livewell.

let me know if you want to speak to him , he speakes limited english, but his daughter Conchita, speaks english and translates emails etc.

Spencer
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Peter-my boat has the V-berth kit---located in Bellmore---I am pulling my boat today and it will probably be shrink wrapped next week---if you want to see it.

All work was done by Raybo in Lindenhurst.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Would love to see it. Maybe during the week?