My first boat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CHolgerson

My first boat

Post by CHolgerson »

I have purchased my first boat and am hoping to pick her up this weekend. Ever since my father retired and took the B31 south I have been saving my money and searching for a boat of my own. Eventhough deep in my heart I wanted Priceless to be passed on to me my old man is far from ready to pass on the reigns. She is not a Bertram but I hope she treats me as well as the Bahia Mar has treated my father. I will continue lurking on the site and I may try and cheat and ask questions about my new toy. I attached the link so you guys can take a peak and yell at me : ) Thanks for your future support.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1987/Bl ... ted-States

Chris Holgerson
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I have always liked the look of those. The interior looks very nice and would be very comfortable for the long weekend. Never been on one though. Congrats. She looks real clean. Let us know how the shake down cruise goes.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

No one is a greater B-31 fan/advocate than me. You did good. That is a beautiful boat that looks well maintained. Congratulations and welcome to the waters of the North fork, Gardners Bay, Montauk and Block Island Sound!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Absolutely beautiful, Chris

I can only how proud and happy you are....

hb
hb
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Very nice Chris. Lots of luck.

You may want to chase down BlackFin Mike. He has posted here in the past. He just jumped ship from the Blackfin Website and started his own. He can probably help you with any information that can not be answered on this board.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Looks like a steal. Congrats!
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Lotta boat for the money if the iron's good, sure looks clean.

UV
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

best of luck with her chris
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Carl

Post by Carl »

Only thing I'm yelling is "Congratulations" That's one quality boat with some awesome lines!! Kind of reminds me of another boat brand and model I have seen around...

...and don't lurk, just join in!! Its also not cheating to ask questions about anything here, lots of experience, wisdom, great insight and fabulous bunch of people that are more then willing to share great information and ideas. If it was "just about 31 Bertrams" I would have lost interest a long time ago.

Welcome and Congrads again!!

Carl
Dug

Post by Dug »

Chris! Great boat! She looks beautiful! Very cool! Where are you planning to keep her?

It'll be good to see you on the water!

Dug
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

chris i work on almost the same boat .1987 blackfin with twin 3126 cats 385hp . at first she would not "hook up" we removed 3208 cats at 320hp and two thousand pounds and the new set up was maybe two knots better not much for adding hp. and removing two thousand pounds with gears. i went to my guy and built a set of props on 13/4" shafts and the boat flys, unbelievable differance.name of boat is "seven seas" runs 32 knots perfectly trim out without tabs. i don`t care about the extra bridge room but the carolina flare at the bow makes better in heads seas no doubt about it.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Chris- with those engines in her she will ride better than just about any boat you have ever been on. You will feel nary a thing.

Best of luck with her, really a sweet sweet boat.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

That's a heck of a boat for the money. Best of luck!
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

Thank you to everyone for the quick replies and congrats. I am very excited and am looking forward to making her mine. I will be keeping her in Center Moriches for the rest of the fishing season and then will be moving her to Lindenhurst behind my father in laws house for the winter.

Bob I am very interested in the specs on those custom props you are talking about. I was hoping for a 30knot cruise with the 420hp cats, being that I am used to that kind of speed with the bertram. I am sure the fuel burn will not be the same though.

Chris
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

That is one sweet Blackfin! You have nothing to be unhappy about there!

Fished many times on that exact boat in Cabo "The Dreamweaver" it is an awesome boat.

Enjoy your new life!!!

http://www.dreamweaversportfishing.com/cat125.html

Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Congratulations Chris -- that is one sweet looking boat and a heck of a lot of boat for the money!