Uncle Vic's marinated shrimp

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Uncle Vic's marinated shrimp

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Here is a nice easy recipe for making a shrimp salad.

MARINATED SHRIMP

• One pound peeled shrimp, cooked 2 minutes in salt water
• Two green onions
• One small red onion
• One tbsp lemon juice
• One tbsp balsamic vinegar
• One cup extra virgin olive oil
• Four cloves fresh garlic
• Three tbsp olive salad mix
• Half small jar of capers

Pour olive oil in large glass bowl and add chopped green onions and half the red onion, chopped. Slice the other half of the red onion and place in bowl. Press in the garlic. If you don’t have a garlic press, chop it very fine. Puree’ the olive salad mix in a small food processor and add along with the capers, lemon juice, and vinegar and mix up well. Cut the boiled shrimp in bite size pieces and add, then mix it all up well again. Let sit and marinate for a few hours or overnight. Serve cold as a salad or entree’. Add more olive oil if needed to make it the right consistency for your taste.

Note on boiling the shrimp – I use just water and sea salt, bring to a boil and add peeled shrimp and let sit in hot water for just TWO (2) MINUTES, then take off heat and add crushed ice to bring down to room temp or below, let sit in salt water for about 10 minutes, then drain.

The olive salad mix is available from most Italian grocery stores or the Italian section of hi dollar groc. stores like Whole Paycheck. I use some made in New Orleans by Progress Grocery.

UV
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks, Vic, love your receipts*.

Receipts for you Yanks is Southern for recipes.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Me & the Bride had some for supper last night over fresh baby spinach and it was real good. Could have easily put two pounds of shrimp in it vs. one and just added a little more olive oil. And of course I assume y'all understood you place it in the frig to marinate and not out on the counter where the cat can dip in it.....

UV