Thanks Doug!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Thanks Doug!

Post by scot »

My family and I had the pleasure last week of being hosted for an afternoon ride with Capt DQ in an around the P'cola bay area. I must say that Doug should be in the tour guide business! As a local to the region Doug knew all the interesting details (and the shoals) and my family and I really enjoyed the ride.

Doug's boat is one of the smoothest twin inboard diesels I have ever been aboard. Zero vibration, no shuttering...nada, just smooth quiet 250HP Cummins with the rock solid classic B31 ride. As my first ride on one with the twin 250s, I will say that the boat really needs nothing more. As I have heard UV say over the years that these are the perfect engines for the a B31, I would have to agree. Plenty of bottom end power and more than enough speed. The boat cruised at 20-22kts and topped out around 25-26 kts, which is just about perfect for the short wave periods in the Gulf. Doug has gone to great lenghts to make the boat quiet and it has really paid off! Anywhere on the boat you can hold a normal conversation, just the low rumble of well runnning, well maintained Cummins diesels, NICE.

I really like what Doug has done with the seating area on the flybridge. He modified the aft end of the tower/ rod holder piping to accomodate a large seat with a back rest. 2-3 adults can seat comfortably behind the helm, very nice.

Thanks again Doug for your hospitality and the time your took to show us your area, it was the highlight of the vacation for the family and me, all I have heard for the last few days is "man that was a fine boat....finish your's Dad"

As you can see from the grin on my daughters face, the ride was a big hit!

Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Scot,

My pleasure to be able to help You & your family to enjoy your vacation over here to the Emerald Coast of Florida. Thank You, for all your kind words as I enjoyed it as much as you guys did.

Now you have to get started again on the boat project as you have a cheerleading squad now cheering you on to get finished. Vacation is over, hahaha! You know me, just kidding.

Good Luck & God Bless,

Doug
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!