Alchemy Log update

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Alchemy Log update

Post by Dug »

First I would like to take an opportunity to wish everyone a very happy
Thanksgiving. I am thankful for a ton of things, one of which is the friendships that Captain Patrick has provided the opportunity to enjoy via this board. No doubt about it!

The boat has had its fiberglass repairs and is up on the hard in the final spot for the winter. The yard is planning to do the installation of the running gear etc., come spring. The repair looks good, though the backing plate does appear to be smaller than I was expecting. It looks to me like they built up a thicker base area of glass and used a smaller "backing plate". I will or do plan to talk about this with them to understand more clearly what exactly was done.

I winterized everything over the weekend, and just in time by the looks of it, since it was 26 at my house last night. I know it wasn't that cold at the boat, but it is an indication of the weather I have been expecting.

So there is where it stands! My advice? Don't hit anything if you can help it!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and I hope you all enjoy a long weekend in whatever form you want!

Dug
JGomber

Post by JGomber »

Dug,
Glad to hear your work is mostly finished. Triton II is still without STBD running gear and I'm spending a lot of time playing phone tag with the insurance company. Today, I reminded them of a local phenomenon called winter and pointed out that the engine cannot be properly winterized without the transmission and cooler in place! When I explained that any winter damage would be their responsibility I got a call back.
I really don't want to wait 'til spring for final repairs and sea trials but that's the way it looks for now.
Good luck with Alchemy and Happy Thanksgiving!
Jerry, Triton II
Charlie

Not Yet

Post by Charlie »

Jerry we still have a least 30 days of striper fishing. When the ice forms between me and the inlet I will call it quits. Good luck on getting things back together.