Mew miracle fishing bait formula

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Mew miracle fishing bait formula

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Me & the Bride took our fishing-fool middle grandson Hunter, 11, to the camp this weekend. He wanted to go after "big fish" like gar and giant blue channel catfish. We had some left over mahi-mahi filets that we had marinated in extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and chopped parsley that had been in the frige for a week and we didn't want to risk eating (we ate a bunch of it last weekend grilled, great stuff)....so I sliced it into thin strips and Hunter baited up with it....first drop off the dock snagged a three foot alligator gar which was photo-ed and released....second drop an 8# blue channel cat, which was put in the live well for later eats....then a 3# balck bass, and finally a huge 12# blue channel cat...all on the secret marinated mahi.....he caught some mullet using bread balls and a tiny gold hook and I fileted some and did the marinade on them....they work too...my son, a pro fishing guide, says all the soft plastic baits now have garlic in them, so maybe that's the secret?

Anyway, thought I'd share this revelation with the Faithful.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Vic
We need pics for verifcation! ! !

When I saw the post title......I was thinking that we were going to see yet another use for our favorite CX.....LOL

hb
hb
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Well....CX has come out with some new products and they just sent me some to try...Xtreme Clean, a super-duper cleaner in a pump bottle and Pro Wash RX, a concentrated boat and aircraft detergent with a shine built in. I'll try them out and let y'all know.

I've re-upped my CX dealership and can offer the Faithful a discount on their products in case lots only. The company is under new ownership and seems headed for expansion. The no longer carry MaX Wax which I liked for stuff like cast iron bearing housings on the rudders and other stuff that needed a heavy, waxy coating.

I have two electric boat lifts in my camp boathouse and both were getting real noisey....shot all the moving parts with HD CX this weekend and they are smooth & quiet as can be. The HD stays put better than the original red can stuff, but does not have quite the "creepy-ness" that the red does. All of it remains a miracle in a can.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I would like to try the Extreme Clean and the ProWash......

If you have some in your possession and can spare a bottle, bring it over and I will buy it from you......would not hurt me to do a little cleaning.....I am sure Jo Ann would agree......

May be she will stop calling me "Pig Pen"....

hb
hb