boat update pictures and silicon exhaust hose question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

fishlook

boat update pictures and silicon exhaust hose question

Post by fishlook »

finish paint, plumb exhaust, float, rig......sounds so easy....

whhat is a good source for silicone exhaust elbows? do they make a 90 to go from my 5 inch mixer to my 6 inch exhaust? or am I in for custom work? I know i have some deck support to cut out to make the turn.

thanks,

Jay

Jay Jones
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That boat looks great. So is the bridge normally contoured like that under the helm or did you build it like that to accomodate laying on your back under the helm chasing gremlins? Liking the exhaust look also.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Boat's looking great. Since you are in an heavy industrial area you may want to check with some of the industrial rubber places for the hose, might be a lot less expensive for the same stuff than a marine place.

Now the name....am I missing something?

UV
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

E. King Gill be an Aggie thing.... http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/team/12thman.html
J Graham

Post by J Graham »

Capt. Patrick, you are truly a wealth of information. Well done.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Jay that's gonna be/is a good looking 31. She is gonna make you proud I am sure.

In looking at the pictures and considering your question I think that you want to put a silicone elbow on and turn 90* right on the "Shower Head".

I hope others will chime in, I would love to hear other opinions but I personally don't think that is a good idea.

My fear is that being that close to the Mixer head the water does not have enough time to cool the exhaust and you will have a "Hot Spot" that may burn thru the silicone elbow.

Again, this is just my opinion, but I think you should connect with a piece of exhaust hose that will gradually make the turn away from the Mixer thereby giving the exhaust and water more time to cool down before making hard turns.

hb
hb
fishlook

Post by fishlook »

thanks......that under dash thing came from the merritt yard I think when the boat was re-done in the 80's???? The boat is the ex-Sarita.......but now that i look at it i will be comfortable anytime i have to check the wires!!!

Gig EM! The name was an attempt to show some subtle college spirit.....thanks capt pat for passing it on......

got lucky locally with a silicon 90 degree that will expand from 5inch to 6inch......in stock accidently...$86.00!!!
Jay Jones