Venice, La. fishing is on

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Venice, La. fishing is on

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

My rich & famous son Capt. Brent, the charter fisherman, is back in business after the oil spill and ready to take you guys for some world class light tackle fishing in his 2011 24 foot Skeeter bay boat with a 300 hp Yamaha. Today he took a guy and his two kids and they caught 50 redfish.

Give him a call, 225 268 8420, tell him his Pop sent ya.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Thats good news Vic

I will pass the word around here.....and who knows I may go myself.

Does he launch from Venice??

hb
hb
randall

Post by randall »

glad to hear that.
In Memory of Vicroy

Harry - yeah, he has a lodge in Venice plus two new rental units for customers, and some fancy new boat sheds for rent too. He operates out of Venice Marina. He also does offshore trips in his Contender. But this time of year is when he's the master - rising river, lots of dirty fresh water, strong winds, etc.....he knows the area and this is his 19th year chartering out of there, so on the inshore stuff he can catch you fish in any kind of weather - nice thing about Venice is there is always a lee shore with clear water....if you know where. He's also real good with kids, has 3 boys himself, 13, 11 & 4. And he's a lot of fun to fish with.

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Big article in Fly Fishing in Salt Waters about the great post Katrina Redfishing down there. Sounds fabulous.
In Memory of Vicroy

Walter - he's set up too for sight fly casting to redfish in the skinny water, loads of fun. His website is www.venicecharters.com

UV
Carl

Post by Carl »

We...I do not hear about the "BP Cleanup" anymore...is it a thing of the past or just swept under the rug.

Wasn't that long ago we all thought the fisheries would be dead till our Grand-kids, kids, kids where fully grown.

It's great news to hear he is back in Bizz. I'll pass on info to anyone heading down that way for a stay.

Carl
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Vic, how do you cook redfsh?
In Memory of Vicroy

The oil is gone. Unlike Alaska where the wster is cold all the time and there is a 5 week summer, La. is hot almost all the time and stuff evaporates quickly and microbes eat the weathered oil fast. Its gone.

Brew - the best way is "on the half shell". Filet the fish but leave the skin and scales on. Make a saute' sauce of butter, lemon juice, white wine and fresh garlic with just a touch of sea salt. Lay the filets scales side down on the bbq grill and baste with the saute sauce until done, say about 6 or 8 minutes. Some people puddle up the saute on the meat side toward the end of cooking, then flip 'em over and let the saute drip in the fire and flame the meat side for a minute or so to slightly blacken it. Redfish under about 28 inches are the best. Down here the limit is 5 per person per day with oncly one over 26 inches and none under 16.

UV