AC DC panels

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kevin

AC DC panels

Post by Kevin »

Any recomendations? Should I get one with reverse polarity indicator? Any particular brand better? Looked on line and there are a lot of choices. Do not fully understand what options and doodads I need and do not need. I know installing on would eliminate the factory DC panel in the V berth. I am guessing that would eliminate the rusty AC breaker box in the engine room. Ahhhh, but where to install this thing? There are no access panels anywhere in my interior. Can't even repair original wires running to dc panel on port side. Maybe it is time to tear apart the interior too. Kevin
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Paneltronics. They are down in Miami.

Just total up the number of ac circuits needed and what the amperage is for the size breakers.
Get one with a main breaker and a voltmeter. Depending on where you put it, that will determine whether you get a horizontal or vertical panel.

Location should be out of the weather and engine room.

call and we'll talk. 561.622.1736
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

Kevin,

On my B28 the Paneltronics panel is located just inside the door to port on the "Head" bulkhead. It is flush mounted in the cabin, it's about 2" deep in the head. It's an AC-DC panel.

If you'd like pic's send me your e-mail address.
Jim
1975 28 FBC
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Jim,
I found a spot. Going to put it by the sette. Not sure if that is spelled right. It will save me some time with the wiring keeping it close to the original position. Thanks for the offer. Kevin
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

Kevin,

Take a look at Blue Sea.

http://www.bluesea.com/

Their stuff looks good. Although they are not completely custom, they have a good selection.

Ian.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Blue Seas makes great products! I use their battery switches and bus bars all the time.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Blue-Seas was rated as the best value for the $$ as compared to a half dozen other manufacturers. I remember Panentronics being in the top as well. The rating was done by Power Boat reports and they do no advertising. I went with the 13 position DC panel and a separate 6 position AC panel with main for the shore power.

Chiles
(Timmy started it)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Thanks guys, it's almost like there is too much to choose from! I need to learn how to keep it simple. Kevin
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Panaltronics is good. make sure you get more breakers than you think because you will need them later for extra stuff that " I just had to have it"
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I need to learn how to keep it simple.
Repeat after me.......

Its just a boat, not the space shuttle.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

nicely put! Now my punishment will be as follows: Go to the fridge, grab beer, open beer and consume! Kevin