MT-3 Control question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

MT-3 Control question

Post by Dug »

I have a Morse MT-3 Dual function control on Alchemy. I like it overall. I replaced the original when I did the repower, as it was very worn. As such, if I could avoid replacing the whole control it would be my preference. I am replacing the control cables, as mine are worn in a few places and are getting sticky, particularly on the port side.

The question is, on the control, are shorter levers than the stock length available?

Mine are just too long and I at times bump into the switch panel on the dashboard as a result. To go to shorter levers would make a big difference!

If knows if they are available, it would be great. Otherwise I may just suck it up and replace a 5 year old control with another brand that has shorter arms...

Dug
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Take a look at the arms. Mine have a piece below the red/black knobs that are removable. I discovered that when I was replacing the knobs and when unthreading them, one of the extensions threaded off with the knob. I always thought the arms were one-piecers. Mine aren't.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

If you have the ball knobs, just shortent the length by the desired amount and re-thread for the balls...
Dug

Post by Dug »

I can do that.

:)