Harry Babb

Pretty cool lights

Post by Harry Babb »

hb
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I give it a 7.5 on the gimmick meter.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

And I'd guess a $5000 option....
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Looks like a Clorox bottle with a lit wick up its ass.

UV
randall

Post by randall »

Vicroy wrote:Looks like a Clorox bottle with a lit wick up its ass.

UV

LOL.....exactly!!
Dug

Post by Dug »

I strongly dislike the boat, but I have to say I love the lights. Since I bought and installed underwater lights a couple years ago, I have to say I wouldn't want a boat without them. They really attract fish at the canyons, bait, and all kinds of life. And in the harbor its like having your own little aquarium. I remember at the last montauk rendezvous at the yacht club I had stripers feeding on minnows and squid behind my transom at the dock, and it was spectacular. I would really love to upgrade to the LED's because I really can't leave mine on for any time at all while either underway or out of the water. They are cooled by the water outside the hull, and as such would die pretty quickly. The LED lights are still pretty pricey, so I have held off. But it would be a great benefit so I don't have to remember or think about shutting them off, or run the risk of an uninformed crew member turning them on without me know it and not noticing quickly enough. One less thing to go wrong. And the LED's draw much less power than my halogens. I would like them to be brighter than they are as well.

But I am a big fan of underwater lights. Like many things on boats, they have practical benefits and they look cool too!

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but that is my opinion...

Dug
Dug

Post by Dug »

And lets not forget the potential benefits in the event of a female skinny dipper...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

One of the last jobs I did before calling it quits was install some of those high dollar Ocean LED lites on a 130' Palm Beach whore house.

Owner wanted to sit back at night and see the transom lite up while I guess he was getting lite up.

Little did he realize that the company he hired to weld the lite pockets on the transom violated his water tight bulkheads and I'm sure if he sinks, Loyds ain't gonna pay a dime.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The things we don't know....
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Ditto Dug on the lights providing a Wild Kingdom show at night. I just got back from a dive trip to the Exumas, and my friend's 76' Hargrave has them. While anchored off Big Major the sea life show was incredible, as it was tied up in Compass Cay with all the nurse sharks swimming up on the swim platform (lowered 18" beneath the surface) for handouts.
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

My friend wants to install on his 31, can anybody make recommendations on color and brand and type.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Craig, where is your friend located?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bruce, that stinks... I am sure he liked the lights though.. The violation of the watertight bulkheads was not the lights fault. Stupid is as stupid does as Forrest would say...

Your install was flawless for sure! That is a compliment by the way, not teasing.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

along with the muti. blue led under water lights the bertram 510 has cockpit leds and bridge part of a overall whore house. the owner is single and a player . i just do a fancy docking job at faster then normal speed and play the captain roll on the bridge . the waterfront clubs have "tournament winning stock" that party on back of boat. catch and release flag has flown a dozen times this year and captain gets fat tip!!

capt.bob lico
bero13010473